I don't want to propagate my privilege biologically

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

you're giving yourself too much credit there honey. nobody was gonna bone you to kick off with.

anyway...'a mental disorder'.

Jim Hoft ‏@gatewaypundit

HuffPo Writer Refusing To Have Children So She Doesn’t Spread Her White Privilege “Biologically”… https://shar.es/1qbduJ via @WeaselZippers

Rachel Dolezal is a fascinating case study in White racial identity development.* She is stuck in the immersion/emersion stage, in which White people, having learned extensively about the realities of racism, and the ugly history of White supremacy in the U.S., "immerse" themselves in trying to figure out how to be White in our society, and "emerge" with a new relationship to Whiteness. Only in the case of Dolezal, her way of dealing with the pain of the reality of racism, was to deny her own Whiteness and to become Black.

She is an extreme example of a common phenomenon. The "immersion" stage is typified by White people taking more responsibility for racism and privilege and often experiencing high levels of anger and embarrassment for racism and privilege, which they sometimes direct towards other Whites. They sometimes try to immerse themselves in communities of color, as Dolezal did. She's not alone.

I definitely experienced this. There was a time in my 20s when everything I learned about the history of racism made me hate myself, my Whiteness, my ancestors... and my descendants. I remember deciding that I couldn't have biological children because I didn't want to propagate my privilege biologically.

more from this mental midget

I Sometimes Don't Want to Be White EitherÂ*|Â*Ali Michael