Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

They both wear pants!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ah, yes. Psychology. It's all scientifical an' stuff.

Good news is that if you ever feel like slapping the old lady around some, you've got a scientific justification!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ah, yes. Psychology. It's all scientifical an' stuff.

Good news is that if you ever feel like slapping the old lady around some, you've got a scientific justification!

Yeah, you would twist it around in your trollish behaviour.

I think in every relationship there is a dominant partner.. however, I would not condone abuse in any "healthy" relationship.

My sister was abused in her first marriage. I seriously feel empathy for anyone stuck in any abusive relationship.

Also, when I drove Taxi in Long Beach, CA the company had a contract to pick up abused women when called by the police and drive them to a home for battered women.. some of what a saw, left me speechless.

Su Casa | Ending Domestic Violence

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, you would twist it around in your trollish behaviour.

I think in every relationship there is a dominant partner.. however, I would not condone abuse in any "healthy" relationship.
Of course not. That's why you associate greater physical strength with "wearing the pants in the family."

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Of course not. That's why you associate greater physical strength with "wearing the pants in the family."

"Who wears the pants in the relationship" refers to who has the most power in the relationship, not strongest.

...and I can honestly say.. most men will say the women, because if you piss her off.. you'll be having a lot of cold showers, and restless nights on the couch. (If you have been married long enough) :lol:

The term here was used as a jab or pwnage towards Obama.. nothing more.

Try not to embellish the term into never, neverland.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I do not believe there is a dominant partner in a healthy relationship. I am neither dominant nor submissive and he is not either. I would never be in a relationship that was viewed in those terms. But then I have always marched to my own drum.

Rather, I am stronger than him in some areas of decision making he is stronger than me in others. We know this and play it off. He has no problem with me saying:"this is how we are doing this" I have no problem with him saying: we will be leaving at this time, you will be driving for the first two hours...etc...this is the hotel we will stay at.

We know each others strengths and weaknesses and we are both aware of our own, thus things flow well, there is no dominant partner there are only strengths that are shared for the good of both.

We are both okay with that. But then again, partners that are super balanced are as rare as hen's teeth.