Why we need a North American Passport

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Why we need a North American Passport

An interesting opinion piece appeared on the CNN website today suggesting that the time may be right for a North American Passport involving Mexica, U.S. and Canada. Some of the suggested benefits include:

• By erecting a wall along the border and making crossings so difficult, costly and dangerous, we have interrupted the old "circularity" of migratory flows, trapping millions of workers on this side of the border.

• In the face of growing competition from rising powers elsewhere in the world, simply taking our geography for granted and focusing our attention elsewhere is no longer a viable option.

• Integrated production platforms, sometimes spanning all three countries, have helped draw manufacturing back from competitors across the Pacific.

• Mexico is the linchpin to the U.S. relations with the countries of Central and South America. The economic prosperity, education and security of Mexico's people will help determine the overall competitiveness of North America on the global stage. Moreover, Americans on this side of the Rio Grande must acknowledge the "Mexicanness" in the United States and treat Mexicans living here with the dignity and respect they deserve.

I'm not convinced that this would be a good idea for Canada, but perhaps, yes, for the United States and Mexico. Our population is to small a resource based..

source: Why we need a North American Passport - CNN.com

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Knowing somewhat of what Germany has to put up with I would say this is a bad idea for Canada. Especially if mexico is involved. Just for a start a NA passport would entitle anyone on the continent to abuse our medical system.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Go ahead. Let the U.S. annex Mexico (who the hell wants that nest of cuthroats, anyway?)

Leave us out of it, please.

I doubt that anybody at CNN understands that very few of us want to migrate there ... except for the "cream of the crop" of our immigration who are just itching to get to Gold Mountain and Canada was their second choice.

They can have those ones.