85 years ago today, Tim Horton was born. Happy Birthday, Tim!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
85 years ago today, Tim Horton was born. Happy Birthday, Tim!

Okay, yesterday.. January 12, 1930

Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton was a Canadian professional ice hockey player, a defenceman for 24 seasons in the National Hockey League. He played for the Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Buffalo Sabres.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Any chance he will spill the secret ingredient that has a lineup at 9pm Sunday night before to bites the dust.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What is the latest time of day that you purchased said doughnut. The whole ones or the tidbits?

Now that I'm clued in, somebody better update Boomer as he is having a chat with a dead guy.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
McDonald's makes better coffee than Tim's.
Wish they made donuts.
Their muffins are good, but can't beat a vanilla dip or double chocolate.:blob7:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I prefer Krispy Kreme doughnuts and a coke.

They had one in Calgary, but if failed.. to bad. They make the doughnuts right inside the store, fresh and hot.

Not like Timmies that import them from TIMbuktu. (you see what I did there)

When Kispy Kreme opened up in Delta there were amazingly long line ups. I, personally, don't like that much sugar and glaze on my doughnut. but the fresh factor is nice.

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Same here in the Twinkie Cities - we had very long lines for those Krispy Kreme goodies. Some enterprising guy even bought a whole stack of them and sold them in a gasoline station's parking lot and made a good stash of cash.

Eventually, people got tired of the sugar feast from those treats and many stores stopped selling them.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Krispy Kreme only opened up 1 store in BC. I guess after the newness factor wore off, they hadn't enough interest in their products to open another.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
To their credit McD does make good coffee.

But their "food" is beyond all manner of puke.

To their discredit, there is a McD in SE Calgary that has never made good coffee and probably never will. I've had burnt coffee, weak coffee where someone obvious took a cup out of the pot before the cycle was done, I've had coffee grounds, and I've had coffee so bitter they obviously didn't throw away the used coffee grounds before making another pot.

At this point, you must think I am crazy for going back, but I only go there every few months when a coworker drags me there.