Dad Hosts Playboy Themed Part For 18 yr Old Daughter

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A San Diego attorney spent a night behind bars after authorities say he hosted an alcohol-ridden Playboy mansion-themed bash for his teen daughter and several hundred underage friends at their home.

San Diego Sheriff’s deputies responding to a noise complaint said they immediately noticed several intoxicated teens and were greeted at the front door of attorney Jeffery Lake’s Poway residence with “the stench of alcohol radiating from the home.”

In a release sent to NBC 7, Lake admitted to hosting a party for his 18-year-old daughter Olivia and some 200 of her friends. But he said he did not provide alcohol or drugs to the partiers. The Playboy mansion-themed party began with an invitation encouraging guys to wear Hugh Hefner-inspired attire and the girls come dressed in bunny ears and cotton tails, he said.

Just weeks before the ordeal that landed her husband in jail, Jacki posted a colorful birthday message to her daughter’s Twitter account, urging her not to get arrested.

But it was the father who landed in jail following the bash. Shortly after deputies showed up at his home, Lake was cuffed while the officers searched his house. Inside they found two teenage males passed out, surrounded by vomit and urine, according to authorities.

more

Playboy-Themed Party Lands Dad in Jail | NBC 7 San Diego

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
well the daughter has "tuide" and the duck lips happening...good luck to the parents as they move down the road

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think I am ample proof that one can be an attorney and still be a fool.

Just remember, you said that, not me. :D

I like that they published his name though. What is the expression "A man who represents himself has a fool for a client." Now we can include this guy too.

I'm just looking for the upside here.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just remember, you said that, not me. :D
To quote the immortal Clint Eastwood "A man's got to know his limitations."

I like that they published his name though. What is the expression "A man who represents himself has a fool for a client." Now we can include this guy too.

I'm just looking for the upside here.
And the saying adds "and an a$$ for a lawyer."

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think the prosecution would likely have to show he provided the alcohol for him to be convicted. I suppose he could possibly charged with neglect to supervise but I don't think that was the charge they levied.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think the prosecution would likely have to show he provided the alcohol for him to be convicted. I suppose he could possibly charged with neglect to supervise but I don't think that was the charge they levied.

Yep. Probably "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" for his failure to supervise the party properly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't have a problem with his hosting the party...I don't even have a problem with underage dabbling but when I reached the part about kids passed out and vomit and urine...it was way out of hand...that is a dangerous place to reach with that many kids, that much alcohol etc.

way too many things wrong here to give him any kind of a pass

his intentions may have been okay...he ended up behaving like a douche

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I don't have a problem with his hosting the party...I don't even have a problem with underage dabbling but when I reached the part about kids passed out and vomit and urine...it was way out of hand...that is a dangerous place to reach with that many kids, that much alcohol etc.

well as long as no one died,

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
well as long as no one died,
well as long as no one died what?

no one died...there were kids laying in vomit and urine..if a person vomits while passed out and is laying on their back they can easily die...

it could have been a nice party with a few drinks...it was excessive and he was completely irresponsible

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I doubt he will have anything beyond a misdemeanor on his record. While I am sure the sight of a teenage male drunk and passed out around his own vomit and/or urine is an extremely rare sight, they did not suffer permanently from their predicament.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I doubt he will have anything beyond a misdemeanor on his record. While I am sure the sight of a teenage male drunk and passed out around his own vomit and/or urine is an extremely rare sight, they did not suffer permanently from their predicament.
lol...no they did not...and I hope that buddy there takes this universal whispered warning and heeds it because someone could have been terribly hurt or asphyxiated on their vomit

I also do not think it's a cool idea to tell young women to come dressed half naked as bunnies and the guys to come dressed as Hugh...that was also a set up for disaster and I think it was tasteless at best for kids of that age.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
lol...no they did not...and I hope that buddy there takes this universal whispered warning and heeds it because someone could have been terribly hurt or asphyxiated on their vomit

I also do not think it's a cool idea to tell young women to come dressed half naked as bunnies and the guys to come dressed as Hugh...that was also a set up for disaster and I think it was tasteless at best for kids of that age.

Poor taste is not against the law.