PSA encourages kids to steal parents’ guns, hand over to teachers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
well this sounds like an excellent idea.

A startling new anti-gun ad released by a San Francisco-based production company encourages children to commit a series of crimes by stealing their parents’ guns and turning them over to school officials, The Daily Caller reported Monday.

Sleeper 13 Productions released the controversial video on Dec. 13. It shows a pouty, young boy wandering into his parents’ bedroom, stealing a handgun out of their dresser drawer and then shoving it into his backpack.

The boy then carries what is presumably a loaded weapon into his classroom. After class, he approaches the teacher, takes the gun out of his backpack and slams it onto her desk.

“Can you take this away? I don’t feel safe with a gun in my house,” the boy says.

“Our children deserve a safe world,” the ad says. “Stop gun violence now.”

The video, first reported by The Blaze, has been met with sharp criticism from gun-rights activists on Sleeper 13’s Facebook page.

video/more

PSA encourages kids to steal parents' guns, hand over to teachers - Washington Times

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That would rate as the dumbest yet from the anti-gun crowd......

I was just thinking the same thing. This is stupidest thing I've ever heard since the last stupidest thing I'd ever heard. A new high in lows, ffs.

Encouraging children to sneak a loaded gun out of the house and into a school. Are these people fu*king retarded? I mean, they'd have to be brain dead right? Un-freaking-believable.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Just waiting for Bluebyrd's comments.............

I cannot get over how anyone could think this is okay. The article mentions 'pro-gun' advocates being outraged, for crying out loud, everyone should be outraged at this. Absolutely freaking brain dead to come up with this idea. If it was April 1st, I'd be sure it was a joke.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
well this sounds like an excellent idea.

A startling new anti-gun ad released by a San Francisco-based production company encourages children to commit a series of crimes by stealing their parents’ guns and turning them over to school officials, The Daily Caller reported Monday.

Sleeper 13 Productions released the controversial video on Dec. 13. It shows a pouty, young boy wandering into his parents’ bedroom, stealing a handgun out of their dresser drawer and then shoving it into his backpack.

The boy then carries what is presumably a loaded weapon into his classroom. After class, he approaches the teacher, takes the gun out of his backpack and slams it onto her desk.

“Can you take this away? I don’t feel safe with a gun in my house,” the boy says.

“Our children deserve a safe world,” the ad says. “Stop gun violence now.”

The video, first reported by The Blaze, has been met with sharp criticism from gun-rights activists on Sleeper 13’s Facebook page.

video/more

PSA encourages kids to steal parents' guns, hand over to teachers - Washington Times
hell good stuff...what could possibly go wrong?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Steal a gun...put it in your back pack and leave the house...sneak it into school...whip out the gun in a classroom.

Yup that's our anti-gun nuts.

The War on Guns is lost.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd charge the school with illegal possession of a stolen firearm. Then the board. The city, the county then the state and the FCC for allowing the commercial.

By the way, nobody's advocating doing that. It's a dramatisation, at no point does the PSA suggest kids should do this.

Will an 8 yo see it that way?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And while you're rummaging through your parent's things, bring any drugs, alcohol and d¡ldos for the PE teacher.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'd charge the school with illegal possession of a stolen firearm. Then the board. The city, the county then the state and the FCC for allowing the commercial.

Will an 8 yo see it that way?
That's funny. You sound like a Toronto lefty. "We have to make sure no-one can possibly misinterpret the message!"

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Shouldn't the kid automatically be ejected from school for carrying a firearm? maybe it is just a ploy by the teacher's union to lessen the workload.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Shouldn't the kid automatically be ejected from school for carrying a firearm? maybe it is just a ploy by the teacher's union to lessen the workload.

Or maybe the union is trying to collect all the guns so they can stage a coup and replace our democracy with a white collar union dictatorship, more sick days, setting wages to inflation, free dental, professional development.