Time Travel Will Be Possible In 85 Years

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Time Travel Will Be Possible In 85 Years

Time travel and teleportation — two things that are used in almost every great science fiction movie.

However, most people have accepted the fact that these two concepts will never transition into the non-fiction world of real life.

Colin Stuart, the author of “The Big Questions in Science,” is not one of those people. Stuart believes that time travel will be possible in the real world by 2100 — only 85 years from now.

Professor Chris Phillips, a physicist at Imperial College London, said: ‘One way to create an “invisibility cloak” is to use adaptive camouflage, which involves taking a film of the background of an object or person and projecting it onto the front to give the illusion of vanishing.

‘We’re actually not that far away from this becoming a reality – rudimentary technology versions of this have already been created. It’s entirely feasible that we could see a ‘Harry Potter’-like invisibility cloak within the next 10 to 20 years.’

Teleportation on a small scale has also been achieved – with electrons.

‘Teleporting a person, atom by atom, will be very difficult and is of course a physicist’s way, but perhaps developments in chemistry or molecular biology will allow us to do it more quickly, Dr Mary Jacquiline Romero, from the School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, said.She added: ‘The good thing about teleportation is that there is no fundamental law telling us it cannot be done.’

But time travel is the real challenge.

Colin Stuart, Science Communicator and author of The Big Questions in Science said: ‘Time travel to the future has already been achieved, but only in tiny amounts. I would say we are looking at 2100 as a very optimistic timescale for travelling weeks into the future.’

source: Time Travel Will Be Possible In 85 Years - News of the World

Just send me back to 1880 Arizona Territory thanks

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If its going to be possible in 85 years, than it is already possible now. Given its time travel it doesnt matter when it starts.

If time travel is in fact possible where are all the travellers from the future-eh?!

Around us for all we know. If such a thing were to happen I doubt they'd tell everyone about it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Knowing this will they come back for us once the future has passed?

I'll come back for ya grumps

Maybe they can't tell you.. but think about this.. the last 100 years.. we came from horse and buggy to space travel..

Maybe they walk among us and we don't even know..

yeah I'm certainly not telling y'all

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He is talking about people transporting to the future (from this article at least), not the past. Not sure what value that would have.

but if we can travel in 85 years we can come back to now...that's what he meant...if we can in 85 years come back...where are they/we