Time to invest????

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm thinking tomorrow is a good day to start buying selected mutual funds as I believe the correction is nearing an end. Anyone with any wiser advice? Petros?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Depends on your level of risk. Did you have something in mind?

Switching a couple of grand from Canadian Bond Fund to Canadian Natural Resources fund. Bonds are high right now, to it could be a double whammy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Me I think this is going to be a larger correction. Consider China is coming in for a hard landing as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Me I think this is going to be a larger correction. Consider China is coming in for a hard landing as well.

Yeah, I've been mulling over that possibility. Probably best not to do anything until you see a small up swing!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Real estate is going to crash.

Only G7 not to have a correction- Look at TO overbuilt shoddy condos built on the 5 year plan- 5 year invest- flog as the market rises. Those condos will be slums in 20 years from date of construction due to poor quality work and corners cut.
Single home in TO are over the roof in pricing, but people are focused on 3 markets.
They are wrong.
Market on house prices- 10 -30 % cut coming.
And the upside is that is good for the economy as many have been priced out.

And China is going to land really hard. This year - 3 years, it will hit hard.

Cash is king.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm thinking tomorrow is a good day to start buying selected mutual funds as I believe the correction is nearing an end. Anyone with any wiser advice? Petros?

I'm thinking tomorrow is a good day to mail that cheque out to me.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Many thought things would be worse for China before. The propping up of 2008 is about
to see what is waiting behind door number three. I think its a little way off but its still coming
fast. real estate will take a huge hit and consumers will be an endangered species it interest
rates go up a lot of people are near max on those cards.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Invest in DuPont!!! They manufacture hazmat suits..