Only takes one idiot to raise a village

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
suckers born each and every minute friends...each and every participation trophy minute:

Graduation Caps and Gowns, Tassels and Sashes for Preschool and Kindergarten

Here's my old guy story then...when I did well, I might get something like a new bike or increase in allowance. Pretty much the same with the whole school. You got promoted, you were proud and you went out to play for 2 months.

fukkin rings, caps and gowns...shiny. :lol:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't get it. You agree with lying to kids about Santa Claus, but disagree with children dressing up and celebrating when they leave preschool and kindergarten?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
what a freaking shmoozle...

see the new studies that someone has come up with...

two study groups of young children...each told to complete a task... one group was told how smart they are upon completion...the other group was told nada

task two comes along and it is more difficult...group one (the smart group) don't want to do it for several reasons... they are unmotivated because they are already smart and fear holds them back that if they fail, they are no longer smart

group two who weren't told every minute and a half how smart they were tackled the task and excelled

conclusion drawn...too much praise diminishes motivation

about time the geniuses who do the studies caught up with us lay people who observe these occurrences daily

caps and gowns...god help us

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

two study groups of young children...each told to complete a task... one group was told how smart they are upon completion...the other group was told nada

task two comes along and it is more difficult...group one (the smart group) don't want to do it for several reasons... they are unmotivated because they are already smart and fear holds them back that if they fail, they are no longer smart

group two who weren't told every minute and a half how smart they were tackled the task and excelled

about time the geniuses who do the studies caught up with us lay people who observe these occurrences daily

You nailed it on the head. Failure teaches, at times a hard lesson but failure is a teacher.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

I agree. Schools should treat students like the Indian schools did. That'll keep 'em from getting big heads.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You nailed it on the head. Failure teaches, at times a hard lesson but failure is a teacher.
failure can teach yes. Mistakes can also lead to innovate new ways/procedures. Failure does not have to be a hard lesson. Failure should teach kids to explore new ways not that they are stupid. Self reliance.

I agree. Schools should treat students like the Indian schools did. That'll keep 'em from getting big heads.
You have zero idea of what I was speaking of obviously.