Worker at oil sands base in Canada killed in bear attack

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

A female employee at an oil sands base in Alberta was mauled to death Wednesday after she encountered a large black bear, CBC News reported.

The employee, who was declared dead at the scene, was not identified in the report and the bear was found in the area when the Royal Canadian Mounted Police arrived and was shot dead, the report said.

The woman worked at the Fort McMurray base for Suncor Energy. The company told the news outlet that its employees participate in “regular wildlife interaction training.”

A spokesman for Occupational Health and Safety reportedly said they are investigating the woman’s death, including if she was alone at the time of the attack.

"This is the first that I'm aware of having a worker either seriously injured or killed by a bear of any variety," Barrie Harrison, a spokesman from the agency said.

source: Worker at oil sands base in Canada killed in bear attack | Fox News

/////////////////////

When it comes to being in a group and a bear starts chasing, I don't have to be the fast runner, just faster than the slowest runner..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

A female employee at an oil sands base in Alberta was mauled to death Wednesday after she encountered a large black bear, CBC News reported.

The employee, who was declared dead at the scene, was not identified in the report and the bear was found in the area when the Royal Canadian Mounted Police arrived and was shot dead, the report said.

The woman worked at the Fort McMurray base for Suncor Energy. The company told the news outlet that its employees participate in “regular wildlife interaction training.”

A spokesman for Occupational Health and Safety reportedly said they are investigating the woman’s death, including if she was alone at the time of the attack.

"This is the first that I'm aware of having a worker either seriously injured or killed by a bear of any variety," Barrie Harrison, a spokesman from the agency said.

source: Worker at oil sands base in Canada killed in bear attack | Fox News

/////////////////////

When it comes to being in a group and a bear starts chasing, I don't have to be the fast runner, just faster than the slowest runner..
This is weeks old man.