Today at the gun range

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Today I picked up a .22 revolver today.. sweet gun.. shoots very well.. 9 shot.

Shoots really well for a small barrel gun...

Here a similar gun for sale online, I purchased mine for $300

Hi Standard Sentinel 9 Rounds .22 R-103 Chrome 22 : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nice weapon for target practice. How's the stopping power?

If I see a 22 pistol pointed at me, I'd definitely stop! :lol:

However, a .22 round has virtually no 'stopping power'. If you can shoot a .22 pistol well, it will certainly work in a pinch for self defense.

If you hit a person in the heart or head.. it has stopping power. Otherwise, I think you may just piss them off, slow them down, possibly incapacitate the individual..

Stopping Power: Myths, Legends, and Realities - Article - POLICE Magazine

p.s. .22 has killing power, and dead is dead. ;)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
A .22 may kill if you hit the right spot but it can deflect off the skull if even a slight angle. I prefer my .44, just looking at the wrong end will make you pee your pants.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
A .22 may kill if you hit the right spot but it can deflect off the skull if even a slight angle. I prefer my .44, just looking at the wrong end will make you pee your pants.

That must be pretty expensive for target practice though.

p.s. .22 has killing power, and dead is dead. ;)

It does kind of matter how fast you can kill them though. If you are using it to defend yourself against someone with any sort of weapon, you definitely want to make sure that they don't have time to use that weapon against you.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

exactly.. and I like to go to the range.. what's the point of having a gun unless you can use it and have fun.

.22 are cheap and easily available.

.22 Long Rifle 36 grain Brass-Plated Hollow Points work well and are only $23 bucks for a box

It does kind of matter how fast you can kill them though. If you are using it to defend yourself against someone with any sort of weapon, you definitely want to make sure that they don't have time to use that weapon against you.

Make sure your aim is good and true.. ;)

It's to have fun with, going to the range.. but let's face it.. a gun is a gun, if you're on the other end of one, are you going to ask the guy holding it, what caliber it is??

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
I used to shoot a .22 rifle with my Dad at his "Swiss Army Rifle Club" (Yeah, it's a myth that all they use is the corkscrew on that little knife). I was pretty good in my day. Used to enjoy that Daddy/daughter outing.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You Canadians are a bunch of gun nuts!

I don't own a gun and haven't even fired one since the Marines but my oldest expressed some interest it getting his gun license this summer. So I think I am going to take my boys to a gun safety course this summer and we'll all get a license. We have some pretty strict gun laws in Massachusetts and if you apply for a handgun the town Chief of Police rejects the application. You have to fight him for it. Not in court but he makes it a little difficult.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I hope you have the opportunity to kill someone.

Seek help loser... hoping someone gets killed..

If I had to use a gun as a defense weapon I would use a .38 or .45, and I would never shoot to kill unless being fired upon..

A .44 is not that expensive to shoot if you reload your own......(handoad)

true, yeah save those hot cartridges. ;)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
...expressed some interest it getting his gun license this summer.

For some reason, I was told many people are not registering their guns now.

Worried about Obama knowing who and where you are..

I'd be more worried about a night in jail and fine when an officer pulls you over and asks those two lovely questions; #1. "do you have a gun in your car;" and #2; "let me see your permit."

Guess they are worried about this kind'a crap, happening in the USA.. what the Government don't know... they can't seize.

Hell to pay: Residents angry as RCMP seize guns from High River homes (with video)

I used to shoot a .22 rifle with my Dad at his "Swiss Army Rifle Club" (Yeah, it's a myth that all they use is the corkscrew on that little knife). I was pretty good in my day. Used to enjoy that Daddy/daughter outing.

Yeah, I was checking out this young 22 yr old girl firing are the gun range.. it was sorta a turn on, watching her shoot..not sure why... just like a girl who can handle a weapon I guess.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Seek help loser... hoping someone gets killed..

If I had to use a gun as a defense weapon I would use a .38 or .45, and I would never shoot to kill unless being fired upon..

true, yeah save those hot cartridges. ;)

Oh I hope no one gets killed.
I just couldn't see another use for a concealed weapon. Sorry for the confusion.
You need to become more in tune with literature.
Or more specifically, literary devices such as sarcasm.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh I hope no one gets killed.
I just couldn't see another use for a concealed weapon. Sorry for the confusion.
You need to become more in tune with literature.
Or more specifically, literary devices such as sarcasm.

really??

I hope you have the opportunity to kill someone.

Pretty darn clear to me what you were saying...

You should find someone with a gun and ask if they can take you to a shooting range, plenty in Canada.. You may enjoy yourself.. it can be sorta addictive.

It is a sport..

I don't hunt, and because I carry loads that are $250,000 to $500,000 in value, it's only as a self defense that I would carry a firearm.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

It isn't for target practice. I have a .38 and a 9mm for that.

You Canadians are a bunch of gun nuts!

I don't own a gun and haven't even fired one since the Marines but my oldest expressed some interest it getting his gun license this summer. So I think I am going to take my boys to a gun safety course this summer and we'll all get a license. We have some pretty strict gun laws in Massachusetts and if you apply for a handgun the town Chief of Police rejects the application. You have to fight him for it. Not in court but he makes it a little difficult.
I thought Massachusetts had an open carry law?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It isn't for target practice. I have a .38 and a 9mm for that.

I have other guns, I just like the look of this one, and also the fact that you can use short, long and long rifle .22 caliber in the hand gun..

Here is a video of a 4 inch barrel.

Hi-Standard Revolver - YouTube

I starting to collect.. they don't make this model anymore, reason why I picked it up. They even had a German Luger at the gun show..

There is still one more day for the gun show, may go pick up another one today..

https://premiergunshows.com/shows/the-original-fort-worth-gun-show/

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
really??

Pretty darn clear to me what you were saying...

You should find someone with a gun and ask if they can take you to a shooting range, plenty in Canada.. You may enjoy yourself.. it can be sorta addictive.

It is a sport..

I don't hunt, and because I carry loads that are $250,000 to $500,000 in value, it's only as a self defense that I would carry a firearm.

I used to run liquor between BC and AB/SK. I always had loaded sidearm handy. Only cargo more likely to be hijacked is cigarettes.