Wealthiest 86 Canadians Could Buy New Brunswick


Spade
#1
Canada’s 86 wealthiest people could buy New Brunswick, study says - National | Globalnews.ca (external - login to view)

Acording to the article, the top 0.002 of 1% of our population control the same wealth as the bottom 34%. Seems equitable to me. They could buy NB lock, stock, and barrel and have $30 billion left over for improvements.
 
Tonington
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
They will need at least $60 billion for improvements. But they could buy PEI and have enough to build us a new highway that doesn't drive like:



Plan B on the Trans Canada stands for bumpy...
 
Spade
+2
#3
Another option is buying North and South Dakota, making them into one large enclosure and clearing the current population to states such as Maryland and Rhode Island. Sheep would do quite nicely in the Dakotas as they did in Scotland.
The Flatland Clearances has a nice ring to it.
 
B00Mer
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Canada’s 86 wealthiest people could buy New Brunswick, study says - National | Globalnews.ca (external - login to view)

Acording to the article, the top 0.002 of 1% of our population control the same wealth as the bottom 34%. Seems equitable to me. They could buy NB lock, stock, and barrel and have $30 billion left over for improvements.

Buy New Brunswick, you think Irving Oil would sell it??
 
Serryah
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Buy New Brunswick, you think Irving Oil would sell it??


Haeeeelllll no. Not unless they got all the wood outt'a the deal.
 
Colpy
+1
#6
Ahhh...they already have....or haven't you heard of the Irvings??

Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Buy New Brunswick, you think Irving Oil would sell it??

Oops, you beat me to it!!
 
Spade
#7
The following article was in Forbes so it must be true.
Almost Everything Is For Sale In America - Forbes (external - login to view)
 
captain morgan
#8
What's the problem with that?
 
WLDB
#9
Why would they want to?
 
Spade
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Why would they want to?

To start over. They could ship current residents to Louisiana.
 
bobnoorduyn
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

To start over. They could ship current residents to Louisiana.

To save them from the wrath of Katrina?
 

Similar Threads

1
List of the 10 Wealthiest Pastors
by Locutus | Jan 22nd, 2014
14
New Brunswick is Tory again!
by Colpy | Sep 29th, 2010
3
Immigation to New Brunswick
by antesh | May 11th, 2006
no new posts