The incredible story of how leopard Diabolo became Spirit

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Some people are just at ease with animals. Even wild cranky ones. My Anna was getting rid of rocks around the field her fruit trees are in and according to our neighbor, was chatting away at a grizzly which was following her around eating the bugs n stuff that were under the rocks she was removing. I've seen wild weasels come right up to her and check her out. It's weird but pretty cool. And no, I won't even try to suggest a scientific explanation for it, I can't think of one, but I have faith there will be an explanation somewhere. :D I also won't blame the phenomenon on some god or other. lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Some people are just at ease with animals. Even wild cranky ones. My Anna was getting rid of rocks around the field her fruit trees are in and according to our neighbor, was chatting away at a grizzly which was following her around eating the bugs n stuff that were under the rocks she was removing. I've seen wild weasels come right up to her and check her out. It's weird but pretty cool. And no, I won't even try to suggest a scientific explanation for it, I can't think of one, but I have faith there will be an explanation somewhere. :D I also won't blame the phenomenon on some god or other. lol
You don't need a god to realize that animals are sentient beings. They communicate with each other and humans have a special ability to communicate with all animals. As I have said, I have had wild deer walk up to me and let me pat them because I communicated that I meant them no harm and was honoured to be in their presence (more complicated than that but...). I have had similar experiences with close encounters with bears, Big Horned sheep, coyotes, etc. It is not just domesticated animals that respond to humans. The trick is to accept them as fellow sentient beings.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Ah the intrinsic and unknown values and abilities of faith.
On the other side - I can see and agree with your points. Just had to get faith in there as well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ah the intrinsic and unknown values and abilities of faith.
On the other side - I can see and agree with your points. Just had to get faith in there as well.
I have plenty of faith in Life, all forms of life. There is no fear involved with real faith.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You don't need a god to realize that animals are sentient beings. They communicate with each other and humans have a special ability to communicate with all animals. As I have said, I have had wild deer walk up to me and let me pat them because I communicated that I meant them no harm and was honoured to be in their presence (more complicated than that but...). I have had similar experiences with close encounters with bears, Big Horned sheep, coyotes, etc. It is not just domesticated animals that respond to humans. The trick is to accept them as fellow sentient beings.
I have no problem with sentience. A lot of animals have brains so sentience i simply a matter of degree.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
They could use those techniques in other places.........

Tiger Attack at Kaziranga National Park

Rang7 - Tiger Attack at Kaziranga National Park, Assam Kaziranga National Park, Assam, India

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Um wait .... Anna is cranky? :shock: