Did man do this?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

How did man spike CO2 and CH4 during the previous 20 interglacial periods?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Mine?

Did man trigger the past interglacial events which spiked CO2 and CH4?

Yes or no?

Why are we still 4C shy if CO2 is at 393.84ppm CO2?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Who cares about CO2? We all know that is a scam.The real problem is millions of tons of toxic waste being dumped into air and water every day. CO2 is a smoke screen.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Mine?

Did man trigger the past interglacial events which spiked CO2 and CH4?

Yes or no?

Why are we still 4C shy if CO2 is at 393.84ppm CO2?

I'm saying your graph would look a lot different if, as is common practice, you scaled the x-axis to contain all your data points. Like this:

And the question you consistently avoid: if we are not adding CO2 to the atmosphere, what happened to the two trillion tons of CO2 we've emitted to the atmosphere in the past 150 years or so?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What sort of mindless consumption are you referring to?

I'm saying your graph would look a lot different if, as is common practice, you scaled the x-axis to contain all your data points. Like this:

And the question you consistently avoid: if we are not adding CO2 to the atmosphere, what happened to the two trillion tons of CO2 we've emitted to the atmosphere in the past 150 years or so?
6 Billion people are eating it everyday for lunch. The world produced 2,241 million tons of grain in 2012. Yummy carbohydrates.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Climate change and global warming is big business.
It is an easy way, to control the unthinking peons .
The Earth's weather has always swung wildly throughout the millions and millions and millions the years.

But so many of these people believe that any change within the last hundred years is solely on the back of mankind and its technology.

One large volcano erupting tens of thousands years ago would put more CO2 in the air and change the climate more than anything mankind could ever do.

I can remember, back in the early 70s when David Suzuki was preaching about a new Ice Age , then in the late 70s early 80s all the money was being made by preaching acid rain. Then of course they went to global warmingand then when that didn't work they invented climate change. Which basically covers everything

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Zipperfish
Council Member

#13Re: Did man do this?

4 minutes ago

Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydigger
Climate change and global warming is big business.
And energy isn't?

Quote:
One large volcano erupting tens of thousands years ago would put more CO2 in
the air and change the climate more than anything mankind could ever do.
Can you show me the calcuations for that?

just do some simple research for yourself
the last couple of thousand years is merely a blink in the eye of the history of the earth. And massive volcanoes have erupted i thousands of times throughout the millennium.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Why do you ignore the previous non-man triggered interglacial events that spike CO2 and CH4?

Nice try. I included those in my graph. However, I note you did not include the recent CO2 spike in yours. Who, exactly, is doing the ignoring?

You know, there are legitimate climate change skeptics out there, asking 5tough questions, pushing teh envelope. But you are the classic denier--you just throw whatever you can, regardless of an internal coherence to your arguemnt, to try to see what sticks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Your graph was a single source take from a CO2 spewing volcano. Nice try.

What are the 5 tough questions?

Last edited:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
just do some simple research for yourself
the last couple of thousand years is merely a blink in the eye of the history of the earth. And massive volcanoes have erupted i thousands of times throughout the millennium.

OK, here we go. Let's take Pinatubo, since it was relatively recent, large by recent standards. And Mount St Helens too. According to the US geological survey, the Pinatubo eruption added about 50 million tonnes of CO2 to the atmosphere, and Mount St Helens about 10 million tonnes.

The global CO2 emissions due to volcanic activity is estimated by the USGS at around 260 million tons, including subsea eruptions.

Source: Volcanic Gases and Climate Change Overview

The amount of CO2 added to the atmosphere in 2013 through the combusiotn of fossil fuels is estimated at about 36,000 million tonnes.

Based on this information it seems pretty clear that anthrpogenic emissions of CO2 would be more responsible for the recent spike in atmospheric CO2 levels than volcanic activity. Typically large volcano eruptions (such as Krakatoa) temporarily lower global surface temperatures due to opacity.