Exclusive: Video showing TTC subway worker possibly asleep being investigated

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It happens.

You'll notice in the video that he's just about to wake up before the stop, which is because his job is watch the platform before the train starts again.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
It happens.

You'll notice in the video that he's just about to wake up before the stop, which is because his job is watch the platform before the train starts again.

It certainly isn't the most professional look, but it does seem like he is in fact doing his job. They really don't have anything to do between stops, and he is up and doing his job at the station.

Image is important though, so they certainly cannot have people looking like this on the job.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I wonder sometimes if some of these people that make these videos only do it to stir up crap? As long as no one is in danger, is it really hurting anyone?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I also kind of wonder, why don't they check to see if he is ok?

Sometimes it seems that people don't care. I remember reading a story about a homeless fellow that saved a woman from getting assaulted and then got stabbed (the woman had fled while this was going on). He fell over and slowly bled to death. People thought that he was just sleeping and ignored him until it was too late. So, he was a hero in the end, just nobody seemed to care about him until it was too late.