Attention former CFL players dealing with concussion issues

TerryOtt

Nov 18, 2013
I am a journalist 6 months into an investigation regarding football concussions and their possible causal relation to brain trauma, including CTE.

I am especially interested in hearing from any former CFL player who believes they may be dealing with concussion issues related to their participation in professional football.

However, I am also interested in hearing from anyone who believes they have suffered damage while playing high school, or Canadian university football.

All info will be held in confidence, unless specified by the individual in question responding.

Please contact me at tjo55@yahoo.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I am a journalist 6 months into an investigation regarding football concussions and their possible causal relation to brain trauma, including CTE.

I am especially interested in hearing from any former CFL player who believes they may be dealing with concussion issues related to their participation in professional football.

However, I am also interested in hearing from anyone who believes they have suffered damage while playing high school, or Canadian university football.

All info will be held in confidence, unless specified by the individual in question responding.

Please contact me at tjo55@yahoo.com
what about hockey?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The evidence has been there since the 690's on brain trauma from concussions-
Hundreds of articles including from medical journals from the effects.
Same Traumatic Brain Injury(TBI) that soldiers receive from an IED blast.

I get the feeling you are a lawyer.
Yep got that feeling.

Oh yes- What about hockey.

TerryOtt

Nov 18, 2013
The evidence has been there since the 690's on brain trauma from concussions-
Hundreds of articles including from medical journals from the effects.
Same Traumatic Brain Injury(TBI) that soldiers receive from an IED blast.

I get the feeling you are a lawyer.
Yep got that feeling.

Oh yes- What about hockey.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you don't think this issue is humorous.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you don't think this issue is humorous.

No I do not find it humorous- Soldiers with TBI can within a short time go from being able to care for themselves to bedridden and under care for the rest of their life. And the point ref hockey is valid.
I am reasonably well informed as to the long term repercussions of concussions - even 1 moderate to severe can cause lasting and long term damage to the brain. But then of course you would know that.

And you smell like a lawyer.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's useless looking for brain-damaged football players on the internet. Brain-damaged football players can't use computers. The drool shorts out the keyboards.

What about hockey?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have had a few concussions I can still laugh though. Football is a rough game and they all play knowing that. It's hard to determine any brain damage wasn't a preexisting condition.

It's useless looking for brain-damaged football players on the internet. Brain-damaged football players can't use computers. The drool shorts out the keyboards.

What about hockey?
Why would football drool, only, short out keyboards, I certainly haven't lost any to drool. Oh wait , my bad, it's snot I have the problem with.

You owe me a aplology.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I have had a few concussions I can still laugh though. Football is a rough game and they all play knowing that. It's hard to determine any brain damage wasn't a preexisting condition.

Why would football drool, only, short out keyboards, I certainly haven't lost any to drool. Oh wait , my bad, it's snot I have the problem with.

You owe me a aplology.

And what about Hockey- I mean really-

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That is the key to the whole case- But that Lawyer missed it.
Then pull the files for the NFL settlement with players- which was a travesty-
And what paper do you work for- why should people trust you?

TerryOtt

Nov 18, 2013
Then pull the files for the NFL settlement with players- which was a travesty-
And what paper do you work for- why should people trust you?

Whomever, and whatever you are "Goober," you have my e-mail address if you are serious about anything to do with my query.

I, am not hiding behind an Internet screen name.

Other than through my e-mail, I will not respond again to anything you say anonymously on this forum.

Tiger Cats need a Pan Am stadium reality check - Hamilton Talk, Community, Comments & Opinions - CBC Hamilton

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Full name, or byline and newspaper. Otherwise this "man" could be a troll at the least, or someone fishing for private info for possible nefarious reasons.