You will not don your gay apparel

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hallmark removes the word 'gay' from Deck The Halls holiday ornament sparking fury from customers

• Lyric from the 19th century carol has been changed to: 'Don we now our FUN apparel'
  • Hallmark said today: 'When the lyrics to Deck the Halls were translated from Gaelic and published in English back in the 1800s, the word gay meant festive or merry...Today it has multiple meanings, which we thought could leave our intent open to misinterpretation.'

socially squeamish drama here:

Hallmark replaces the word 'gay' on Deck the Halls holiday decoration | Mail Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
First of all that's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know a single homosexual that would actually take issue with those song lyrics unless they are very, very incredibly stupid people.

Secondly, who in the hell wants to wear those sweaters??? The biggest fashion faux pas in that ensemble is not that the word 'gay' appears on the front.8O

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
First of all that's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know a single homosexual that would actually take issue with those song lyrics unless they are very, very incredibly stupid people.

Secondly, who in the hell wants to wear those sweaters??? The biggest fashion faux pas in that ensemble is not that the word 'gay' appears on the front.8O
I guess its kind of like the lyric in the flintstones, 'we'll have a gay ol time.' ;)

vin diesel has seen better days. ;)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Facebook users have been banned from the social network after talking about the traditional English delicacy faggots.

One man had his account shut down for 12 hours after writing 'I like faggots', while another was kicked off the site for posting a picture of the dish.

The social media giant says that the crackdown on the word was the result of a confusion with a derogatory slang term for gay people.

'Liking faggots is homophobic': Facebook PC brigade accuse fan of British wartime favourite of being anti-gay | Mail Online

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
This is why I only call homosexuals homosexuals. I believe very few of them are truly gay.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I thought faggots had to do with the fire and embers and stuff 8O in the grate. Shows what I know.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey i was right:

faggot
ˈfagət/
noun
plural noun: faggots

1. 1.
    Brit.
    a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried.

2. 2.
    a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.

• a bundle of iron rods bound together for reheating, welding, and hammering into bars.

3. 3.
    N. Amer.informalderogatory
    a male homosexual.

4. 4.
    Brit.informaldated
    an unpleasant or contemptible woman.

verb
3rd person present: faggots

1. 1.
    archaic
    bind in or make into faggots.

2. 2.
    (in embroidery) join by faggoting.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
That's the one I've heard of.

Still sounds funny when I hear my 75 year old Brit ex-pat mother in law telling people "Oh you want so-in-so, yeah he's out having a fag." Lol.
yeah, kind of like someone saying 'he's smoking a fag.' :shock: ;)