Retired Marine says proposed unisex uniform change is 'appalling'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda:

"So we've gone from "The few... The proud... The Marines"

to "The gay... The androgynous... The umbrella holders"

A retired female gunnery sergeant has blasted the Obama Administration’s plan to create a "unisex" look for the Marine Corps by swapping out the Marines' iconic hats with a new hat that some have derided as "girly," telling Megyn Kelly Thursday that the uniform change is appalling, and risks masculinizing female soldiers.

The proposed uniform change for the Marines would be the first major change in over 90 years, and retired Gunnery Sgt. Jessie Jane Duff of the organizing committee for Concerned Veterans for America said on “The Kelly File” that she feels that the Department of Defense should be worrying about other things.

“I’m appalled that the Department of Defense finds that gender neutral uniforms is their priority right now," Duff said. "Meanwhile we aren’t able to pay the death benefits of our marines and soldiers killed on the battlefield last week during the shutdown.”

While the proposed move has been criticized for supposedly feminizing male soldiers, Duff felt that the move damages the unique identity of the female soldiers.

“Women need a distinct identity. We are the fewer and the prouder, why would you want us to blend in with the men?”

Additionally, Duff told Megyn Kelly that the move actually risks masculinizing women.

“I really do think that this is about masculinizing the women. We have had standards changed left and right with this administration," she said. "We are looking at women in the infantry, we are looking at women doing male physical fitness tests at some point. We are looking at women becoming men.”

The Story About Obama Wanting Marines To Wear 'Girly' Hats Is Total B.S. - Business Insider

Retired Marine says proposed unisex uniform change is 'appalling' | Fox News

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hats? Really? What's so blatantly non-unisex about the current hats? I presume the comparison is right- old, left- new?

Priorities.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's a plan that only the Left can come up with.

That's true. Many senior enlisted Marines are raving lefties.

As a Marine veteran who knows how these changes actually happen, I can tell you the story is 100% B.S. The bottom line: The President doesn't involve himself in what troops happen to be wearing.

But just to make sure, I called Headquarters Marine Corps and a spokesperson confirmed that the process for making changes to Marine uniforms hasn't changed since I last left the service in 2010.

Every year, a board (made up of senior enlisted Marines) meets and goes over things that they may want to change with uniforms. In 2007 for example, the board made a change that outlawed "sleeve" tattoos — and I don't remember thinking that was all President George W. Bush's fault.

"The President in no way, shape, or form directed the Marine Corps to change our uniform cover," said Capt. Maureen Krebs, a spokesperson for the Marine Corps. "We're looking for a new cover for our female Marines for the primary reason that the former manufacturer went out of business. The Marine Corps has zero intention of changing the male cover."

Read more: The Story About Obama Wanting Marines To Wear 'Girly' Hats Is Total B.S. - Business Insider

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's true. Many senior enlisted Marines are raving lefties.

It is true. If you Loony Lefties had your way we'd be fighting wars in tutus and ballet shoes.

You lot need to be locked up in padded cells for your, and everyone else's, safety.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course it's true, Alf. In your "mind."

No, it isn't. There's an article about it.

The Left still haven't got their heads around the fact that humans come in two genders. That fact confuses the Left, who see everybody as the same.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Attention fellow members of the Illuminati and fellow Masons: Today is International Conspiracy Appreciation Day. In observance of the day I am going to disbelieve everything the media, the government and academia/science says. Instead I will believe in absolutely everything pimply faced loners living in their parents basement with an internet connection say. I encourage you all to join me. This is not a false flag operation. Or is it?