The Circus Continues: 75-year-old Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting A Black Teen

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Circus Continues: 75-year-old Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting A Black Teen In Milwaukee's Southside

Elderly man confronted teenager on the sidewalk and then shot him multiple times.

By H. Nelson Goodson
May 31, 2012

Milwaukee - On Thursday, police arrested a senior citizen age 75 for fatally shooting a 13-year-old boy near the victims home at the 1900 block of W. Arrow St. The 75-year-old man who is the victim's neighbor apparently confronted the teenager before 9:48 a.m. at the 2000 block of W. Greenfield Ave. on the sidewalk and after a brief altercation, the senior citizen pulled out a handgun and fatally shot the teen. The teen who was identified by a family friend as Darius Simmons was shot multiple times in the chest, but managed to run back to his residence on Arrow St. The teen was later pronounced dead at the Children's Hospital.

The elderly man stayed at the scene and turned himself to police. The suspect's handgun was recovered at the scene and the teenager was not armed when he was fatally shot by the elderly man, according to the Milwaukee Police Department Source.
A preliminary investigation indicates, that the 75-year-old man believed that the teenager had broken into the suspect's home several days ago. Several shotguns worth at least $3,000 were reported stolen from the elderly man's home.

The suspect had placed surveillance cameras shortly after his home was broken in and robbed. The elderly man saw the teen on Greenfield Ave. and approached him about the previous break-in into the suspect's home.

The victim's mother told police that the suspect had blamed her son for breaking into his home, but that her son was at school when it occured and claimed he was innocent, according to police.

Police haven't released the name of the slain teen or the suspect. They continue to investigate the fatal incident that claimed the life of a teenager.

source: Hispanic News Network U.S.A.: 75-year-old Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting A Teen In Milwaukee's Southside

----------------------------------

O.K. This guy is a fukking white guy... LOL

Last edited:

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
so apparently we do not know all the particulars? How soon does this become a right and left incident? There is nothing political about a kid being killed, so hopefully this one will not become a political football. Maybe they will be lucky and have lots of witnesses.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
so apparently we do not know all the particulars? How soon does this become a right and left incident? There is nothing political about a kid being killed, so hopefully this one will not become a political football. Maybe they will be lucky and have lots of witnesses.
For that, you will have to consult our local expert on left and right...
He's also the expert on spastics.....and strangely enough on Batman comic books......

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Trayvon II

76-year-old man to stand trial in shooting death of 13-year-old boy

In a case that bears some striking similarities to George Zimmerman's, a 76-year-old Milwaukee man is set to stand trial this week in the 2012 shooting death a 13-year-old boy he had accused of stealing from him.

Police say John Henry Spooner confronted Darius Simmons, who lived next door with his mother, as the teen took out the trash. Spooner, who is white, had suspected that Simmons, who was black, stole $3,000 worth of shotguns from him, and demanded that the sixth-grader return them. Simmons denied stealing the guns, and his mother, Patricia Larry, told Spooner to go back inside.

Instead, prosecutors say, Spooner pulled out a handgun and shot the 13-year-old in the chest from near-point blank range.

"When police arrived, Spooner was still on the sidewalk, holding the gun," according to the criminal complaint. "When told to drop the weapon, he placed it on the ground and told police, 'Yeah, I shot him.'"

An autopsy showed that Simmons, who was unarmed, suffered a gunshot wound to his torso, according to the Associated Press. Spooner was charged with first degree murder. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett condemned the killing. "To have a boy who's taking out the garbage at 10:30 in the morning murdered should shock the conscience of the state," Barrett said at the time.

Just hours before the shooting, Spooner told a local politician he was frustrated police had not arrested the boy in the alleged burglary, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and hinted he might take the law into his own hands.

"There are other ways to deal with situations," Alderman Bob Donovan recalled Spooner saying.

Spooner's apparent reference to vigilantism drew comparisons to Zimmerman's killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin after the former neighborhood watchman followed him through a Sanford, Fla., housing complex. Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges on Saturday.

Last year, the Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow PUSH Coalition called for Spooner to be charged with a federal hate crime. On Monday, an attorney representing Simmons' family said there's a clear "issue of profiling" and a "race component" to the case. But Spooner has denied race was a factor in the shooting.

The trial was supposed to begin in January but was delayed due to concerns about Spooner's health.

His defense attorney, Franklyn Gimbel, said Spooner has been suffering from pneumonia.

Jury selection was completed Monday.

76-year-old man to stand trial in shooting death of 13-year-old boy

Here we go again.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Re: Trayvon II

No similarities to the Zimmerman case. No self-defence, no teen beating up the guy with the gun, witness. Guilty of murder, case closed.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Re: Trayvon II

No similarities to the Zimmerman case. No self-defence, no teen beating up the guy with the gun, witness. Guilty of murder, case closed.
All on the basis of a Yahoo report? Wow. Makes you wonder why we bother with courts and juries and such.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
THAT is indeed a white guy. Have at it.
I know. Clearly, prosecuting a white guy for shooting an unarmed teenager to death is librul lefty PC fascism run amok.

What IS this country coming to?

Put me in charge and everything is cut and dried, no lawyers. Like my favourite Shakespeare line, 'Kill all the lawyers.'

Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2, 71–78
If you'd care to give it a try, I'll PM you my address. You should know, however, that unlike the victims in this and the Zimmerman case, I shoot back.

I find it interesting that certain of our posters seem to find it improper, or a "circus," for a white man to be arrested and tried for shooting a black kid to death.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The same murderous action indeed a kid is dead because a man shot him
for no provable reason. Some think the self defence applied to Zimmerman
when it does not. Zimmerman began the altercation and tried to hold Martin
who beat his head into the pavement. Martin in the fight defending his right
to walk down the street had every right to do what he needed to including beat
Zimmerman's head on the sidewalk. In such a fight I would do the same thing
if required.
This old guy is just a nasty old man who now belongs in prison. America is now
declaring open season on each other. I clearly demonstrates the society is slowly
coming unglued. I suppose people running around with guns shooting each other
is somehow Obama's fault. Oh that will be the next claim shouldn't get too far
ahead of the bouncing ball.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The beer in my fridge not being quite as cold as I like is the only 'crushing disappointment' I have.

How about you?... You still cry each time you look into the mirror?
The crushing disappointment belongs to all those that were hoping that Zimmerman would be found guilty with made up evidence.....
My only small disappointment is that some people can't seem to have any common sense....although I am not surprised at who they are:roll::roll: