Gregg Popovich Blasts Racists Against 11-Year-Old National Anthem Singer

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Prior to Game 3 and 4 of the NBA Finals in San Antonio, 11-year old Sebastien de la Cruz sang the national anthem. For his troubles, crazed racists attacked him online with vicious remarks. The youngster met with both Erik Spoesltra and Gregg Popovich last night, and the Spurs head coach ripped the kid’s critics. Per the Express-News: “Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offered words of encouragement for Sebastien De La Cruz, the young San Antonian who drew a flurry of racist comments on Twitter after singing the national anthem Tuesday at Game 3 of the NBA Finals. ‘I would like to say I would be shocked or surprised by the comments,’ Popovich said about an hour before tipoff of Thursday’s Game 4 at the AT&T Center. ‘But given the fact that there’s still a significant element of bigotry and racism in our nation, I’m not surprised. It still plagues us, obviously. And what I was surprised by was how proud these idiots were of their ignorance by printing their names next to their comments. (De La Cruz) is a class act. Way more mature than most his age. And as much as those comments by the idiots saddens you about your country, he makes you feel that the future could be very bright.’ [...] De La Cruz, 11, was a last-minute replacement for Darius Rucker, who experienced travel problems and missed his scheduled singing of the national anthem. The boy appeared on television’s ‘America’s Got Talent’ last year, and in April performed with the San Antonio Symphony at its traditional Fiesta Pops concert.”

11 Year Old Mariachi Singer National Anthem Cause Racist Backlash - YouTube

Source: http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...s-against-11-year-old-national-anthem-singer/
--------------

What the fukk is wrong with people ... They only wish they had near as much talent..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
San Antonio is one of those places that is growing at an incredible pace and is having trouble adapting to the new demographics.

It's a great big wild west type town where church BBQ picnics, pointy boots, hub caps for belt buckles and 37.85L hats are the norm.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's a great big wild west type town where church BBQ picnics, pointy boots, hub caps for belt buckles and 37.85L hats are the norm.

EH?? Stereotyping are we.. I happen to be fond of my belt buckle.. :p

Sebastien De La Cruz Sings National Anthem @ Game 4 of NBA Finals | LIVE 6-13-13 - YouTube

Sebastien De La Cruz will have the last laugh, when all those ignorant hicks that voiced their bigotry will watching this young man become famous and rich..

This kid has more class and more talent in his little finger, than all those who tossed hateful bigotry.

There is only one thing to say to those racists fukks.. "Please just shoot yourself.."

-----------------------------

Oh yeah, if you feel like tweeting any of this dumbazzez ..

>>>> Here is the Public shaming page <<<<

“This lil Mexican snuck in the country like 4 hours ago now he singing the anthem” –@A2daO

“This kid is Mexican why is he singing the national anthem #yournotamerican #gohome” –@Gordon_Bombay24

“Who dat lil #Wetback sangin the national anthem at the #Heat game????” –@Tj_Tha_Dj

“Can’t believe they had the nerve to have a beaner sing the national anthem of AMERICA #smh” –@bdub597

“Is this the American National Anthem or the Mexican Hat Dance? Get this lil kid out of here.” –@A1R_STEVEN

“Mexican kid singing the National Anthem now that’s pretty f**ked up! #AmericaFirst” –@D_nig_

“miami =cute white girl sings national anthem san Antonio= gets alittle Mexican to sing it .. i thought this was america!!!” –@jacked_doc

“F**K THIS MEXICAN SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM THIS IS BULLS**T” –@KingBilly_SWAG

“Bet u that lil beaner hopped the border just to sing the national anthem” –@R_D_M_15

“Who this Mexican jit singin my national anthem at the spurs game” –@bigbenlf4l

“Who let this illegal alien sing our national anthem?” –@MCyrus2

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Great job by the kid, he's balanced too, came back and sang it again and wore the same outfit...right on kiddo!!!

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
He's American, too bad some just see brown skin. That is the problem with Arizona's law, probably most of the people are American citizens but will be treated like illegal aliens because of the color of their skin. When I lived in Arizona, New Mexico and California I had many Mexican/American friends all as far as I know were born in the US.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He's American, too bad some just see brown skin. That is the problem with Arizona's law, probably most of the people are American citizens but will be treated like illegal aliens because of the color of their skin. When I lived in Arizona, New Mexico and California I had many Mexican/American friends all as far as I know were born in the US.
funny part is the racist comments came from black and whites... hate created harmony for a moment and then it feeds on that evil and grows

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Only one of the tweeters apologized, the rest ran scared with a yellow strip up their back like the cowards they are and closed their twitter accounts.

@bdub597 I am sorry for the racist comment I recently posted during the nba finals game. Due to the comments, I have changed my views

Talk about getting the tables turned.. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Only one of the tweeters apologized, the rest ran scared with a yellow strip up their back like the cowards they are and closed their twitter accounts.

Talk about getting the tables turned.. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Due to comments I've changed my views" - That quickly huh?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
well I can see how sometimes people get caught up in the moment and what is being said around them and jump into the fray in agreement only to realize later when it is reflected back to them;..."what was I thinking". so yeah good for the person who 'got it'

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
well I can see how sometimes people get caught up in the moment and what is being said around them and jump into the fray in agreement only to realize later when it is reflected back to them;..."what was I thinking". so yeah good for the person who 'got it'

My dad always told me to; "engage your brain before opening your mouth."

As I always say, there are 2 things in life you can never take back, the bullets shot out of your gun and the words spoken out of your mouth.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My dad always told me to; "engage your brain before opening your mouth."

As I always say, there are 2 things in life you can never take back, the bullets shot out of your gun and the words spoken out of your mouth.
good adage to live by...ya can't un-ring a bell

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Multiculturalism has created tribalism in America. Multiculturalism leads to separate identities, group animosity, and perpetual division. That's why so many refuse to accept the kid as an American.

You guys should try living in the barrio. Your views would change overnight. Opinion is always informed by experience.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Multiculturalism has created tribalism in America. Multiculturalism leads to separate identities, group animosity, and perpetual division. That's why so many refuse to accept the kid as an American.

You guys should try living in the barrio. Your views would change overnight. Opinion is always informed by experience.
how would my views change?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
how would my views change?

You would come to understand the Latinos as individuals and as subgroups. You would come to understand their struggles and their failures. You would come to understand why they are not progressing educationally or economically.

You would meet second generation latinos who are very unlike their illegal immigrant parents. The second generation folks don't subscribe to either Mexican or American mainstream culture. Their experiences have made them very hard and cold. They have created a new culture. In my neighborhood it is the dominant culture.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You would come to understand the Latinos as individuals and as subgroups. You would come to understand their struggles and their failures. You would come to understand why they are not progressing educationally or economically.

You would meet second generation latinos who are very unlike their illegal immigrant parents. The second generation folks don't subscribe to either Mexican or American mainstream culture. Their experiences have made them very hard and cold. They have created a new culture. In my neighborhood it is the dominant culture.
sounds like your neighbourhood has become a tad shaky unfortunately. :(
are you saying you think I would develop a prejudice and mock people like the child labelling them as unAmerican?

if so, I hope you are wrong and that I would not... :(

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
are you saying you think I would develop a prejudice and mock people like the child labelling them as unAmerican?

You need to live there and understand that all is not what you normally see. To run around yelling racist with so little knowledge is just as silly as the people you decry.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California

I mean you no personal offense, but you have a one dimensional view of the people who reject the young person as a fellow American. You might come to understand why I have stopped thinking of myself as an American.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You need to live there and understand that all is not what you normally see. To run around yelling racist with so little knowledge is just as silly as the people you decry.
Yes I agree that all is not always as it would appear. I don't run around yelling racist or decrying others but when I think something is wrong with human behaviour I believe I have to say so.

I mean you no personal offense, but you have a one dimensional view of the people who reject the young person as a fellow American. You might come to understand why I have stopped thinking of myself as an American.
I didn't take offense personally because of the way you worded it...and also because my age has thickened my skin...lol.

I am merely seeking to understand...he was just a young kid singing the anthem. To me he has as much right as anyone else to sing the Anthem he was invited to sing and may dress as he pleases. No one knows anything about him. What they did was to project upon him their own fears and prejudice. I think that is wrong on many levels regardless of what a human being has experienced he is just another human being unknown to them.