How bad for you is Coca Cola?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?

We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

Water

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study!

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And ! now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days (meat will completely dissolve).

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now, the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

>>> photohost.us <<<

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Same sh*t different name... ;-)
Main difference, for me, is that pepsi taste more like toxic waste than Coke. But I've never heard of dissolving nails in Pepsi. In school we could dissolve a straight pen nib in less than an hour in Coke. You can also use it on your windshield to keep it from fogging up at night.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Main difference, for me, is that pepsi taste more like toxic waste than Coke. But I've never heard of dissolving nails in Pepsi. In school we could dissolve a straight pen nib in less than an hour in Coke. You can also use it on your windshield to keep it from fogging up at night.

Yup, citric acid is wonderful stuff.

Same sh*t different name... ;-)

nope. Completely different taste.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
and although the sugar free like Zero which I love, does not contain the sugar it has it's own version of poisons... I try to limit my pop intake and when i can't drink one more ounce of water, green peppermint tea is nice

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?

We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before

For Your Info

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now, the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

>>> photohost.us <<<

Do you have a link to this info. I have someone I would like to send that to............

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if Coca-Cola could increase its sales if it cut out the non-active ingredients, packaged it as an industrial cleaner, and sold it at Canadian Tire.

Immagine the TV ads for that: 'Can't get that stain out from your rug? Buy extra-strength Coke!'

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I wonder if Coca-Cola could increase its sales if it cut out the non-active ingredients, packaged it as an industrial cleaner, and sold it at Canadian Tire.

Immagine the TV ads for that: 'Can't get that stain out from your rug? Buy extra-strength Coke!'
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...lol...but I'm thinking maybe not quite the same draw in the laundry room

Coca-Cola - Fortune 500 - KO

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It would still be bleach-free... Er... or maybe bleach companies would start advertising their bleach as coke-free so not as corrosive?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You have no idea.. watch this and tell me if you ever drink Coke/Pepsi or eat Pork again.. LOL

Try it yourself.. poor Coke/Pepsi on a raw Pork Chop - after a couple of hours maggots appear. Yummy.

Try it with Venison, Bear, or Moose.

First, I don't pour soft drinks over my meat. Second, it's the reason you should be cooking pork all the way through. This is a surprise to the mentally challenged only.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
First, I don't pour soft drinks over my meat. Second, it's the reason you should be cooking pork all the way through. This is a surprise to the mentally challenged only.

...a little defensive are we.. and of course you miss the whole point of the thread, along with your stupid remark of; "This is a surprise to the mentally challenged only."

Seriously gerryh you must be the most miserable person alive, I don't feel sorry for you, I feel sorry for the people around you having to live with your negativity, rudeness and complete idiocy.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You have no idea.. watch this and tell me if you ever drink Coke/Pepsi or eat Pork again.. LOL

Try it yourself.. poor Coke/Pepsi on a raw Pork Chop - after a couple of hours maggots appear. Yummy.

PORK meet + COCA COLA = WORM - YouTube
Fly larvae are probably higher in protein than the pork is.
Besides that, if you ever watched pigs being processed for the supermarket, you'd be even more freaked than seeing bugs appear.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
What's this Coke you speak of? I'm afraid my system hasn't touched that crap in months after swearing it off. Can't say I miss it or any other soft drinks.