Are Tornadoes More Powerful Due to Climate Change?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Because of the outbreaks of severe weather and accompanying tornadoes recently, particularly the tornado that hit Moore, OK yesterday, the question is asked, "Is climate change causing more tornadoes?" This question is asked after every such outbreak and sever weather occurrence. Unfortunately the answer has always been the same. WE DON'T KNOW. That may be the scariest aspect of it. We are doing something to our climate without knowing what it will do to the weather. We know the planet is warming. We know human activity is causing it. Climate scientists and meteorologists use climate and weather models to try and extrapolate what that is going to mean to our weather patterns. Because of limited data and inexact models we just can't predict exactly what is going to happen. It's like jumping off a cliff and hoping that it will turn out alright.

5/19/2013 Deadly Oklahoma Extreme Tornado Video - YouTube

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
More warmth in the atmosphere and more moisture creates more storms..

They are also higher in the atmosphere making the storms more powerful.

Pertos claims to be a geologist, not a meteorologist. ;)

Now I'm really confused.. I can certainly take your word on the physics part of the explanation, but from what I understand, the world is no longer in a warming cycle (suggestions that it is even cooling) so it makes me wonder how the intensity of these tornadoes has increased then.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The Oaklahoma Tornado – May 2013 – some thoughts

Posted on May 22, 2013 by Louis Hissink
The devastating tornado that occurred during the 21st of May 2013 presented some interesting observations from a scientific stance.

1. There was no lightning
2. The tornado was observed to slowly start at the base of the cloud and descend down to the earth where it started is destructive behaviour.
3. Observing the TV footage of the rain, one could see long strings of water descending from the cloud base to the ground.
Comment:
The earth’s surface is electrically negative, and for this thunder cloud to remain suspended in the air, it also had to contain negatively electrically charged water so that the billions of tonnes of suspended water remained there due to electrostatic repulsion. Note that there wasn’t any turbulence or ground winds mentioned or observed.
For a tornado to start to form and descend from the base of the cloud to the negatively charged earth surface, one has to consider a build up of protons in the water rich cloud, which started to rotate due to the presence of Birkeland currents until it reached the ground when the built up positive charge in the overlying cloud could then equilibrate with the negatively charged earth via the, devastating, tornado effect. Otherwise electrical charge re-equilibration between clouds and the earth is via lightning.
Questions remain however:
1. what was the earth’s electrical field doing
2. What about the geomagnetic field?
3. Was anything observed by the various satellites overhead in terms of electrical activity?
4. Was there any unusual atmospheric effects or anything observed in the ionosphere?
5. Why are rain clouds dark grey while other clouds that don’t produce rain fluffy white?
5. Is there something in the molecular structure of water that results in these two radically different forms of clouds?
6. Are the dark grey storm clouds therefore saturated with protons which have arrived from the ionosphere and are stalled in the cloud until a path towards the earth’s surface is found so that electrical equilibrium can be reached?
7. And what about the stringy rain observed?
8. Are rain clouds accumulations of protons within water imparting that dark grey colour waiting to equilibrate electrically with the earth
9. Are rain clouds electrically different to fair weather clouds?
10. Was this tornado part of a positive (proton) charge accumulation moving from the ionosphere via intermediate stages defined by various plasma double layers between the earth and the ionosphere?
11. Was this ionospheric charge imbalance caused by a recent solar CME event?
12. What generates the negative charge on the earth’s surface? (Don’t tell me it’s due to colliding ice crystals in clouds – since this particular event described in this post showed no lightning effects at all!).
Of course when such a natural disaster occurs, performing in situ scientific experiments are fraught with danger and that’s one of the problems dealing with these things.
There are many more black swans to be found, methinks.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
...and since when? The Doomsdayers always said that if it is bitter cold out that is weather and not climate.

But we were told to ignore the cold... because it is weather... not climate.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sure looks cold there... so much for global warming.

O.K. the term "Global Warming" is a none start..

The correct term is "Climate Change" because the whole bloody world is off kilter.

There have winter weather in July and deep freezes and super hot weather in Ontario, Canada and NYC in the middle of January.

CLIMATE CHANGE!!! At least keep up with the Geenies if your going to insult them.

Do I personally think that the climate is changing because of mankind, yes. Our population as doubled from 3 billion to 7 billion people world wide in the last 50 years.. this new population has an effect on environment and CO2 released into the environment effect weather, temperature and the Ozone, anyone who says it doesn't is a friggin retard..

Now, do I give a sh*t if in 50 years the would goes crazy and there is mass flooding, or drought, and massive storms, crops ruined and people starving to death.. HELL NO!! I don't have any kids, and I buying a Hummer next week.. could care less, I'll be dead and buried in 50 years.

All I give a sh*t about is GREEN.. fast cars and fast women.. typical neanderthal male, beer, women and good times.

...and you're a truck driver....

Yes, own my own trucking company too and design web sites ( eg. www.EdmontonBiz.com ).. what do you do? Collect welfare? Glad to see my tax dollars are going to a worth while cause.. lol

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
All I give a sh*t about is GREEN.. fast cars and fast women.. typical neanderthal male, beer, women and good times.

Yes, own my own trucking company too and design web sites ( eg. Edmonton Business Directory : Edmonton Shopping, Restaurants, Hotels, Real Estate, Nightclubs ).. what do you do? Collect welfare? Glad to see my tax dollars are going to a worth while cause.. lol
Nope. Disabled due to a trucking-type accident. Wanna join butthole?

Point is, Petros is as qualified to observe weather as you

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nope. Disabled due to a trucking-type accident. Wanna join butthole?

Point is, Petros is as qualified to observe weather as you

Never heard his claims of having a degree in meteorology too.. (link pls)

"qualified to observe weather" WTF is that.?? Stands outside, licks his finger, sticks it into the air, looks at the sky and say's winds, North to NE sunny with a few scatter clouds. Tada!!

Guess I'm now qualified too.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Never heard his claims of have a degree in meteorology too.. (link pls)

"qualified to observe weather" WTF is that.?? Stands outside, licks his finger, sticks it into the air, looks at the sky and say's winds, North to NE sunny with a few scatter clouds. Tada!!

Guess I'm now qualified too.
Yup.... Probably too technical for you