‘Lost’ star playing Jodi Arias in Lifetime movie out in June

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
‘Lost’ star playing Jodi Arias in Lifetime movie out in June

It was only a matter of time before the Jodi Arias saga became a made-for-TV movie, courtesy of Lifetime.

On Thursday, the network announced “Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret” will hit the small screen in June.

The flick will star “Lost” actress Tania Raymonde as Arias and Jesse Lee Soffer, of “The Mob Doctor,” as Travis Alexander.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez will be played by “Ugly Betty” actor Tony Plana and David Zayas, of “Dexter,” has signed on to portray detective Esteban Flores.

On May 8, a jury found 32-year-old Arias guilty of murder in Alexander's June 4, 2008 death at his suburban Phoenix home. Arias stabbed and slashed him nearly 30 times, slit his throat from ear to ear and shot him in the forehead in what prosecutors described as a jealous rage after the victim wanted to end their affair and planned to head off on a trip to Mexico with another woman.

In a press release, Lifetime described Arias’ drawn out trial as “grand theater,” that “[dominated] the cable news networks as she testified in her own defense and offered explicit insight into the sex, lies and obsession that led up to Alexander’s murder.”

The network has produced similar movies about Amanda Knox and Philip Markoff , “The Craigslist Killer.”

“Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret” will premiere on Lifetime on June 22 and 8 p.m. ET.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
This is one movie that I will definitely give a miss. Nothing could live up to the brutal reality of the actual crime.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I rarely, if ever, watch these type of 'based on a true story' movies. Especially when it's still a fresh news story, I find it rather macabre.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I rarely, if ever, watch these type of 'based on a true story' movies. Especially when it's still a fresh news story, I find it rather macabre.
It's a cultural sickness to immortalize this bitch and the people like her. It makes me believe that anyone who'd watch it is as sick in the noggin as she is.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's a cultural sickness to immortalize this bitch and the people like her. It makes me believe that anyone who'd watch it is as sick in the noggin as she is.

I do find true crime stories interesting, particularly if it's a big case. Usually you get more details than the tabloid styled headlines that grab our attention while it is ongoing. While I certainly don't need details per se, it's hard not to get caught up in the emotional impact when these stories first hit. Like the current one about Tim Bosma, you can't not feel affected by it. So yes, in time I'd like to perhaps be able to get an overall idea of just what happened.

What I really don't care for are re-enactments, like made for tv movies, I'd rather see a more in depth journalistic approach to the subject. But then I also avoid like the plague anything on W5 or Fifth Estate (or whatever) when the story is still fresh too. I guess it just strikes me as opportunistic and simply an attempt to make a buck off tragedy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A TV movie won't contain the facts unless they are glitzy and fit the script.

This movie and those like it have only has one purpose and that is to feed a societal sickness and keep that sickness spreading like the disease it is just to sell soups, cleaning products, swiffers and phone plans.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Submitted a complete file today and expect payment in a couple of weeks.