Memorial Day

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Memorial Day = Fallen soldiers.
Veterans Day = Soldiers that served.
Armed Forces Day = Soldiers still serving.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
George W. Bush Joins Memorial Day Wounded Warrior 100K Mountain Bike Ride

Staff Sergeant Matthew Dewitt and 19 other veterans joined former President George W. Bush in Crawford, Texas on Memorial Day for the third annual Wounded Warrior 100K mountain bike ride.

"We have two goals. One is to continually remind the country about the country about the importance of supporting vets", Bush said at the ride. "You can help a veteran find a job, you can help a veteran who is homeless, you can feed a veteran, you can love a veteran. Second: we are going to analyze what works and what doesn't work among the organizations helping veterans. Our first focus is on helping vets find jobs.”

George W. Bush Joins Memorial Day Wounded Warrior 100K Mountain Bike Ride - The Daily Beast

In contrast to say...this:

Patriotism, progressive-style: How Lena Dunham pi s s ed on Memorial Day

Lena DunhamVerified account ‏@lenadunham

It is my sincerest hope that the act of dying feels like finally peeing after a long bumpy car ride.

Lena DunhamVerified account ‏@lenadunham

Happy Memorial Day! I've already peed in two different Starbucks bathrooms!

What is it about liberal disdain for America's most-revered national holidays?

Consider HBO Girls star Lena Dunham who chose to tweet hours ago, "Happy Memorial Day! I've already peed in two different Starbucks bathrooms!"

'Girls' Star Lena Dunham: 'Happy Memorial Day! I've Already Peed in Two Different Starbucks Bathrooms!' | NewsBusters