Delisle spying damage still 'ongoing,' CSIS official says

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
Just saw on the news today about a Canadian Naval Officer that pleaded guilty to selling security secrets to the russians... Delisle spying damage still 'ongoing,' CSIS official says So now he is going to court for his sentencing. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't treason punishable by death? Watch the loser swing I say.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Just saw on the news today about a Canadian Naval Officer that pleaded guilty to selling security secrets to the russians... Delisle spying damage still 'ongoing,' CSIS official says So now he is going to court for his sentencing. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't treason punishable by death? Watch the loser swing I say.

The Death Penalty was removed a number of years back.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Quite the opposite in fact, just ask Omar Khadr

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I heard someone say yesterday that Harpo should be charged with treason and they regretted that the death penalty was dropped.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I heard someone say yesterday that Harpo should be charged with treason and they regretted that the death penalty was dropped.

I keep hearing that about PET even after his death

And "I am not a crook" Mulroney.

Yep, there is a long list of "I am not a crook" types that have held the position of PM

Oh don't forget "Check out my (golf) balls" Chretien!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh don't forget "Check out my (golf) balls" Chretien!
Reminds me of one of Mayor Drapeau of Montreal's most famous gaff. He was asked to kick off the Grey Cup game in Montreal and when he kicked it it went a few feet. The anouncer thanked him for his assistance. Drapeau says, "dats OK. I kick off yur balls anytime." The announcer almost lost his footing as he turned his back to the camera, shaking with hysterics.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Story say General contradict Mckay- Not really hard to do for the past few years.

General contradicts MacKay
A Canadian brigadier general is contradicting Defence Minister Peter MacKay’s assurances that this country’s intelligence-sharing relationships with allies remain unscathed in the wake of the Jeffrey Delisle spy affair.

Brig.-Gen Robert Williams, director general of military signals intelligence, testified for the Crown prosecutor Thursday in the sentencing trial for Sub-Lieutenant Delisle taking place in Halifax.