‘scientifically there is no such thing as transgender’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Psychiatry expert:

OTTAWA, January 11, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A prominent Toronto psychiatrist has severely criticized the assumptions underlying what has been dubbed by critics as the Canadian federal government's "bathroom bill," that is, Bill C-279, a private member’s bill that would afford special protection to so-called "transgender" men and women.

Dr. Joseph Berger has issued a statement saying that from a medical and scientific perspective there is no such thing as a "transgendered" person, and that terms such as “gender expression” and “gender identity" used in the bill are at the very least ambiguous, and are more an emotional appeal than a statement of scientific fact.

more

Psychiatry expert: ‘scientifically there is no such thing as transgender’ | LifeSiteNews.com

The Independent Medical Examination in Psychiatry

h/t bcf

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Psychiatry expert:

OTTAWA, January 11, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A prominent Toronto psychiatrist has severely criticized the assumptions underlying what has been dubbed by critics as the Canadian federal government's "bathroom bill," that is, Bill C-279, a private member’s bill that would afford special protection to so-called "transgender" men and women.

Dr. Joseph Berger has issued a statement saying that from a medical and scientific perspective there is no such thing as a "transgendered" person, and that terms such as “gender expression” and “gender identity" used in the bill are at the very least ambiguous, and are more an emotional appeal than a statement of scientific fact.

more

Psychiatry expert: ‘scientifically there is no such thing as transgender’ | LifeSiteNews.com

The Independent Medical Examination in Psychiatry

h/t bcf

He should tell that to a transgendered person.:roll:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What? No more three hundred pound steroid lipstick linebacking transB*tches in girl's wrestling?
:(
Sad.

Off with their 'lil heads, I say!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Tennessee Bill Would Require Student-Athletes to Compete on Teams Based on Biological Sex
https://pjmedia.com/trending/tennes...to-compete-in-sports-based-on-biological-sex/

It’s the only sane thing to do.

So you're in favor of sexual assault to confirm that someone has the right 'parts' in order to play a sport?

Pretty sure what parts someone has is not anyone's fukin business. Which is funny, because people like you, Walter, are the first to MAKE it your business, yet the first to bitch that Trans people are "shoving it in our faces".

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What? No more three hundred pound steroid lipstick linebacking transB*tches in girl's wrestling?
:(
Sad.

Off with their 'lil heads, I say!

As usual, you're disgusting.

Also, why are you using Desmond's picture? Far as I know he's not Trans, he's a cross dresser.

I'd say educate yourself, but you do everything you can to be as uneducated as possible.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
As usual, you're disgusting.

Also, why are you using Desmond's picture? Far as I know he's not Trans, he's a cross dresser.

I'd say educate yourself, but you do everything you can to be as uneducated as possible.
you could do the rest of us a favor and not quote him

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Psychiatry expert: from a medical and scientific perspective there is no such thing as a "transgendered" person.

If medical, scientific and psychiatric bodies have a definition for "transgendered person," the scientific thing to do would be to put that up front in their discussion. If they can't define a thing, they can't discuss whether it exists.

It's pretty well established that there are people with ambiguous genitals, people with confusing sets of X and Y chromosomes, people with unexplained delusions and people with various other characteristics whose mental and physical consequences science may or may not fully understand. Whether we speak of them, or they speak of themselves as "Transgendered" is a matter of personal choice with no physical meaning. It's just a word.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Speaking only in terms of competitive advantage, would it not be a disadvantage to the "biologically female" athletes to be competing against a "biologically male" athlete who identifies as female? If its a two bit competition maybe it doesn't matter but how about more advanced competitions and the Olympics?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
(Education) Trans is only half a word, or none at all. Transvestite = Crossdresser.
Trans = cross or across.

Trans is an accepted short form of Transgender. It's sometimes followed by an *, but not always.

Transvestite, while it was linked to Crossdressing years ago, isn't so much used anymore due to the Transgender issue.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If medical, scientific and psychiatric bodies have a definition for "transgendered person," the scientific thing to do would be to put that up front in their discussion. If they can't define a thing, they can't discuss whether it exists.

It's pretty well established that there are people with ambiguous genitals, people with confusing sets of X and Y chromosomes, people with unexplained delusions and people with various other characteristics whose mental and physical consequences science may or may not fully understand. Whether we speak of them, or they speak of themselves as "Transgendered" is a matter of personal choice with no physical meaning. It's just a word.

So are you saying that Transgender (not Transgendered, fyi) is just a word, and not a legitimate definition? Just to clarify?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Speaking only in terms of competitive advantage, would it not be a disadvantage to the "biologically female" athletes to be competing against a "biologically male" athlete who identifies as female? If its a two bit competition maybe it doesn't matter but how about more advanced competitions and the Olympics?

A person who is Trans who is also on hormones generally begins to take on the definition of that gender. So a FtM athlete begins to build muscle, a MtF loses muscle mass.

It also brings into question just how much influence does training have on an athlete, trans or not. Despite the stories around some trans athletes saying they have an unfair advantage, if you look deeper, many of them have also had loss records against others of that gender. One would think then that if they had the advantage, they'd win all the time?

Being a trans athlete is just like any other athlete; you win and you can lose; it's all on luck, training, and who you're competing against.

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
So are you saying that Transgender (not Transgendered, fyi) is just a word, and not a legitimate definition? Just to clarify?

FYI Transgender is a word which I will use whenever I think it fits my context. Trans is not a word at all, and your opinion about it is NOT information.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
A person who is Trans who is also on hormones generally begins to take on the definition of that gender. So a FtM athlete begins to build muscle, a MtF loses muscle mass.

It also brings into question just how much influence does training have on an athlete, trans or not. Despite the stories around some trans athletes saying they have an unfair advantage, if you look deeper, many of them have also had loss records against others of that gender. One would think then that if they had the advantage, they'd win all the time?

Being a trans athlete is just like any other athlete; you win and you can lose; it's all on luck, training, and who you're competing against.

For a FtM athlete, the very hormones they are taking are banned substances? I think hormone doping is against the code right now. If it was legal, one (either FtM or MtF) could play with hormone levels as one got closer to a competition to increase ones advantage.

I am assuming we don't have any stats on this or too few to be meaningful. Right now we have antidoteal evidence and stories only.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
For a FtM athlete, the very hormones they are taking are banned substances? I think hormone doping is against the code right now. If it was legal, one (either FtM or MtF) could play with hormone levels as one got closer to a competition to increase ones advantage.

I am assuming we don't have any stats on this or too few to be meaningful. Right now we have antidoteal evidence and stories only.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/trans-athletes-performance-transition-research-1.5183432

https://www.businessinsider.com/wha...-transgender-athletes-in-womens-sports-2019-4

So the whole idea of a Trans person playing with hormone levels isn't new, but it's also one that's thought of especially for the Olympics.

As for the stats, it's being looked at.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
FYI Transgender is a word which I will use whenever I think it fits my context. Trans is not a word at all, and your opinion about it is NOT information.

Transgender is a word.

Trans is the short form of Transgender.

It's a word. It's not my opinion, but fact. You say Trans and most people understand you mean Transgender (unless you're being a dipshyte on purpose).

If you don't want to use it, that's fine, but you don't get to deny it being a word used by the Trans community.