Hypocrite celebrities and their anti gun agenda

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thats like calling Robert Duvall a communist for having played Stalin. Its their job to act. If an actor plays Hamlet and speaks out against domestic violence is he being a hypocrite? It makes no sense.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Thats like calling Robert Duvall a communist for having played Stalin. Its their job to act. If an actor plays Hamlet and speaks out against domestic violence is he being a hypocrite? It makes no sense.

You can not argue that Duvall encouraged or promoted or contributed to Stalinist culture by playing him.

You can argue that these celebrities have encouraged, promoted and contributed to the culture of violence in the USA.........

It makes perfect sense.

And now they want to curtail the Bill of Rights in an attempt to inhibit that culture....by attacking inanimate objects and limiting the liberty of all Americans.

Who EVER told these folks their views were important??

Celebrity commentators are SUCH an irritant.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You can not argue that Duvall encouraged or promoted or contributed to Stalinist culture by playing him.

You can argue that these celebrities have encouraged, promoted and contributed to the culture of violence in the USA.........

It makes perfect sense.

And now they want to curtail the Bill of Rights in an attempt to inhibit that culture....by attacking inanimate objects and limiting the liberty of all Americans.

Curtailed for everyone but their bodyguards. That's ok by them.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Curtailed for everyone but their bodyguards. That's ok by them.

That's like the N.Y. News outlet that posted all the names and address of people who owned guns in their county.. most of which are Police or retired police officers..

Some also running from domestic violence and in hiding, now outed..

After they pulled their anti-gun B.S they hire armed guards to protect themselves..

N.Y. News Outlet That Posted Names Of Gun Owners Hires Armed Guards : The Two-Way : NPR

Friggin Libtards.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Boomer I liked the last part they hired gun toting protectors to protect their own
interests. I don't think it was the wise course to out all those with gun permits,
then again its that old constitutional thing called freedom of the press. Like that
old constitutional thing about everyone running around armed to the teeth.
The real problem is not the guns or the freedom of the press, its that people have
lost the sense of responsibility.
A right trumps a privilege like driving which is not a right but the same factor holds
true, responsibility is the key ingredient and that seems to be in short supply

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

I agree about celebrity commentators being an irritant. As for those who told them their views were important - their fans, followers or management. They can draw and audience so they get attention.

As for what they are doing to 'curtail the Bill of Rights' - they have no more power in that department than those who are fighting those very changes.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Boomer I liked the last part they hired gun toting protectors to protect their own
interests. I don't think it was the wise course to out all those with gun permits,
then again its that old constitutional thing called freedom of the press. Like that
old constitutional thing about everyone running around armed to the teeth.
The real problem is not the guns or the freedom of the press, its that people have
lost the sense of responsibility.
A right trumps a privilege like driving which is not a right but the same factor holds
true, responsibility is the key ingredient and that seems to be in short supply

America is a gun crazed nation and will never change.. from the OK Corral, Westerns and War Movies (where the USA always wins, even if history says otherwise).

That Gun Culture will never change.. it's in their blood.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh really?

In What war movies do we win where history tells a different story?

last I remember, the USA lost the Vietnam War, however they seem to always win every battle.. LOL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

last I remember, the USA lost the Vietnam War, however they seem to always win every battle.. LOL

Platoon- I remember a lot of fighting and not much winning.

Full Metal Jacket- The same... although the Marines did retake the city of Hue

We Were Soldiers- That battle was won

Tour of Duty- A fictional TV series... lots of fighting and bad acting. No war was won in the finale

Deer Hunter- No fighting... and they were captured

Hearts & Minds- Never saw it

In other words... you FAIL

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually, that is EXACTLY what happened.

They won every battle, and lost the war.

Platoon- I remember a lot of fighting and not much winning.

Full Metal Jacket- The same... although the Marines did retake the city of Hue

We Were Soldiers- That battle was won

Tour of Duty- A fictional TV series... lots of fighting and bad acting. No war was won in the finale

Deer Hunter- No fighting... and they were captured

Hearts & Minds- Never saw it

In other words... you FAIL
Ahhh crap, you both beat me to it, lol.