Christmas Safety Tip

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Mark's Christmas Safety Tip #129876,0000,88888,000

Well my hard drive calved and I did what any paranoid person would have after that happened. Instead of tossing it into the garbage, for fear that the FBI or the Paparazzi's or someone after my bank info would take it to a special lab located in Peru , I decide to destroy the disk by snapping it in half.

One minute all was fine, the next I was vacuuming up a zillion fragments, from my Pub Table, my Laptop Keyboard, my Zebra Skin Carpet (Don't Ask).

Thank God I was only drinking a Diet Pepsi when this happened. If I'd had a beer on the Pub Table it would have been a disaster of epic proportion.

Merry Christmas All.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Well my hard drive calved and I did what any paranoid person would have after that happened. Instead of tossing it into the garbage, for fear that the FBI or the Paparazzi's or someone after my bank info would take it to a special lab located in Peru , I decide to destroy the disk by snapping it in half.

One minute all was fine, the next I was vacuuming up a zillion fragments, from my Pub Table, my Laptop Keyboard, my Zebra Skin Carpet (Don't Ask).

Thank God I was only drinking a Diet Pepsi when this happened. If I'd had a beer on the Pub Table it would have been a disaster of epic proportion.

Merry Christmas All.
those damned hackers weren't satisfied with destroying your website, they had to destroy your hard disk as well!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Merry Christmas All.

Geez, Mark..........thanks for the warning, though you have made me reconsider taking my old ones off the wall. Bet one of those Schitky things would have come in handy. :smile:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Geez, Mark..........thanks for the warning, though you have made me reconsider taking my old ones off the wall. Bet one of those Schitky things would have come in handy. :smile:

Just don't break them with an open beer around. I'm still traumatized by the mere thought.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Just don't break them with an open beer around. I'm still traumatized by the mere thought.
[/FONT]

After your experience, I wouldn't dare think of touching a single chip...................more along the lines of burning them in my friend/neighbors huge fire-pit this spring. No, I'm only kidding..........they will stay where they are, gracing my walls - a testament to hard drives everywhere. LOl!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Stick em to an old tree trunk and use em for target practise.

Oh man, I couldn't do that, LG...........I'm a tree hugger...........I hug trees - got pics to prove it. :smile: I'm lucky to share my land with many old Douglas Firs - grand gentlemen everyone. I haven't hugged all of them but I seem to add new ones each year. This is all in the way of saying, that there is no way on this Earth that I would ever put a bullet in one of my friends - human or not.

Oh.........wait ............did you mean a dead tree trunk?? ;-)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Merry Christmas All.

Merry Christmas.:)

Of course, the true tragedy of this whole sordid tale is that you were drinking Diet Pepsi. Really, Mark! What were you thinking? LOL!:p

Oh man, I couldn't do that, LG...........I'm a tree hugger...........I hug trees - got pics to prove it. :smile: I'm lucky to share my land with many old Douglas Firs - grand gentlemen everyone. I haven't hugged all of them but I seem to add new ones each year. This is all in the way of saying, that there is no way on this Earth that I would ever put a bullet in one of my friends - human or not.

Oh.........wait ............did you mean a dead tree trunk?? ;-)

You could always use those plastic arrows with the suction cups on the end of them. It may take a while, but I'm sure you'd persevere.;) LOL!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
old home electronics and computer electronics could be dumped into the ocean to create artificial homes for sea life. :) :cool:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
old home electronics and computer electronics could be dumped into the ocean to create artificial homes for sea life. :) :cool:

Not sure if any of those items would be suitable for that. It's not like a proper atoll or reef could be created with small items like that. I could be wrong, however.