2012 Person of the Year :-/

JaneBlonde

Nominee Member
Aug 30, 2012
Time Magazine (American) voted President Obama as the 2012 Person of the Year - you already knew that - but Canada also has a person of the year - Newsmaker of the Year - voted on by journalists and editors from across the land of maple syrup. The 2012 Canadian Newsmaker of the Year has now been announced and the winner is ....

Luka Magnotta.

Luka was unable to comment on this most glorious achievement as he remains in lockdown at a detention center in Montreal, but I'm sure he's rather pleased.

Americans get a person of the year who wants to spread pixie dust and healthcare across the land.

I get a dude who tortures people, video tapes it, and chops them up into little pieces. Some of those pieces were mailed across the country and others were kept in the fridge for a nice light snack when he was feeling peckish.

I live in a country with nearly 35 million people and our crowning achievement and claim to fame for 2012 is ... Luka Magnotta.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think it's revolting to give this creep ANY attention as that's what he wants. He's not a "news maker" he's a murderer and a particularly depraved one at that.

That said, sensationalism sells and we don't really have news anymore so much as 'infotainment' anyway. I think I may actually be more offended that they consider themselves (the media) as conveying 'news'.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It just shows how well adjusted we are we can pick a crazy person with evil intent
and keep a straight face about it. Good God can't we do better than that.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Time Magazine (American) voted President Obama as the 2012 Person of the Year - you already knew that - but Canada also has a person of the year - Newsmaker of the Year - voted on by journalists and editors from across the land of maple syrup. The 2012 Canadian Newsmaker of the Year has now been announced and the winner is ....

Luka Magnotta.

Luka was unable to comment on this most glorious achievement as he remains in lockdown at a detention center in Montreal, but I'm sure he's rather pleased.

Americans get a person of the year who wants to spread pixie dust and healthcare across the land.

I get a dude who tortures people, video tapes it, and chops them up into little pieces. Some of those pieces were mailed across the country and others were kept in the fridge for a nice light snack when he was feeling peckish.

I live in a country with nearly 35 million people and our crowning achievement and claim to fame for 2012 is ... Luka Magnotta.
Yup. The newsmedia being what it is.