Brutality & Violence from Union Protestors

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
[youtube]SSRabbK-vQ0[/youtube]

Right-to-work legislation gives workers more freedom and more rights. Despite this victory, it took place amid union brutality and violence. Union protestors' disregarded safety and freedom of speech, tearing down an AFP tent and stomping on peaceful AFP demonstrators trapped under the tent.

Michigan is NOW a Right to Work State.. woOt!!!

I would like to see all large manufacturing companies to pull out of States and Provinces that DO NOT have Right to Work Legislation.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Right to work legislation gives American workers the same rights that workers in China and India have. Fantastic. This is a great step forward. Isn't it interesting that workers in the existing right to work states all have incomes far below the national average?

List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note too where all the jobs are and how much lower the cost of living is in right to work states. Having high wages with high cost of living and high unemployment isn't all that conducive to good living. I also noticed that for the most part RTW states have a better climate.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Some years ago, the union president of the local I belonged to at my work place put a motion thru one of his friends (since the president can't present a motion himself) that we should donate a specified amount to the local NDP rep that was running for election.
Somewher in there, before it came time to vote on the motion, I asked that since all the individual members had different voting preferences why should they pay a share of th donation to a representative they did not intend to vote for?
Well needeless to say that his motion didn't pass, because papermakers are somewhat individualistic.
That president hated me and I must say I didn't like him much to start with:lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Unions Hurt Democracy, Consumers and Economy

Unions, which are diminishing in numbers in a down economy, may be in the twilight of their clout or even at the end of their stay as powerful interest groups. However, in the 2012 election cycle, they spent their way to electing labor-backed candidates.

All this tells Americans are that unions are trying to strangle the remaining dollars from their pocketbooks, which does not help in an almost-stagnant economy. The Eurozone last week went into another recession, and if the unions have their way, the U.S. will soon follow.

This comes as several cities, mostly in southern California, have declared bankruptcy when the cities could not afford to pay its creditors due to overwhelming city employee pension plans. Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino have all declared bankruptcy, leaving creditors high and dry.

However, the good news for right-to-work supporters is that Gov. Walker’s victory the past year over the public-sector unions shows that Americans are wising up. Also, Michigan rejected a collective-bargaining ballot measure that could have crippled its economy even further. Americans are realizing that they cannot afford to pay for the pensions of union employees in the public sector, and have made a stand.

Source: NOT BREAKING: Unions Hurt Democracy, Consumers and Economy

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't blame the unions one bit, I myself have been on a picket line when life turned ugly.
As a society we are setting ourselves up for one hell of a day of reckoning. The economy
is going to go south as we prop the fiscal mess up indefinitely but the tough times are in
fact coming. When that happens the unions will grow in size just like they did years ago.
The result massive unrest.
Society and the rules of the world have demonstrated over and over the farther you stretch
the rubber band in one direction when the situation changes the band snaps back in the
other direction just as far. It is time we as a society began to address the issues and not the
symptoms of the problems we face.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Unions were created to protect workers when Government's didn't..

One time there was no minimum wage, or worker rights imposed by our governments.

Different time, different era and the Unions have out grown their usefulness, costing taxpayer and driving jobs out of the country to lower wage environments.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My issue with striking unionized workers is sympathy for the non-unionized guys
(not replacement employee's) obstructed by the entitled strikers from doing their
jobs (I'm thinking delivery drivers, etc...) and the selective enforcement around
these situations by the (unionized) police forces. Maybe it's different elsewhere,
but it's just a gross situation here in Saskatchewan.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Maybe this is what people want to prevent by avoiding "right to work" {sic} laws.

LOL - Horse Poop.

[youtube]ehdQCDjU94I[/youtube]

Yes lower wages in a Global economy, means more competitive jobs. Would you rather send a job overseas, or keep that job and 1000 workers here in the USA, or Canada..

UNLESS!! You want to axe Free Trade and NAFTA too.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One of the biggest gripes I've had with unions is when they step on other people's rights. One time years ago I crossed the picket line at the post office and one of the guys started mouthing off at me. I more or less told him to stuff it where the sun don't shine. He didn't care about people having the basic right to get their mail so they can pay their bills on time.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I had to cross an OPSEU line once to drop off papers. I was jostled a bit - until I growled at the mouthy one in my face to make a hole or I was going to give him a real time demonstration of how Ontario supports its injured workers.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The unions were created to protect workers when government didn't and they were part of
the social agenda for this country supporting increased benefits for ordinary people rather
than just giving the wealth of our resources away.
Well the fact is aside from lip service the government still does no properly involve itself
with workers rights. Oh they have a labour department and a labour board but it is a costume
design rather than a functional part of the agenda. What you get from the labour board most
of the time is excuses for the companies.
If you want to see the historic efforts of labour and the struggle for recognition go to Estevan
Sask, the old mine there still has a plaque remembering the workers who were murdered by the
RCMP and the sign reads just that.
During that dispute, and the Winnipeg Riots the police rode their hoses as part of the governments
goon squad, as the companies had bought and paid for the governments of the day.
No the Union is not always right and I have been critical of them myself for a couple of reasons
1 They have become content to be the money managers of the pension fund
2 They don't find new ways to get out into the workforce and organize unions for those at the
bottom of the pole as it were
I have my own company, I have been a business general manager but I still support the union
concept, Its more than about work, its about the direction our country is going in and the social
fabric of the nation. Unions have proved to be a progressive movement in those areas as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I had to cross an OPSEU line once to drop off papers. I was jostled a bit - until I growled at the mouthy one in my face to make a hole or I was going to give him a real time demonstration of how Ontario supports its injured workers.

You'd think the unions just for the sake of enhancing their credibility, would keep the mouthpieces with the room temperature I.Q. miles away from any picket line. -:)