What does yield mean?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What does yield mean?

Seems some drivers have forgotten their road signs...

Speed up and if the other person who has the right of way, and cut him off.. it's all a game ... that is what it meant to some jackass last night who found out the hard way, I would rather he hit me..

I have never scene so many dumb *** redneck country bumkin drivers in my entire life.. They all think it's a race and have no respect for the other drivers..

I thing we should adopt Texas laws in Alberta.. allow driver to carry guns, after the first shootings occur.. people with think twice before pissing off another driver.. weed out the gene pool lol :lol:

I hear in Quebec it's worse, a stop sign is their yield.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What does yield mean?

Speed up and if the other person who has the right of way, and cut him off.. it's all a game ... that is what it meant to some jackass last night who found out the hard way, I would rather he hit me..

I have never scene so many dumb *** redneck country bumkin drivers in my entire life.. They all think it's a race and have no respect for the other drivers..

I thing we should adopt Texas laws in Alberta.. allow driver to carry guns, after the first shootings occur.. people with think twice before pissing off another driver.. weed out the gene pool lol :lol:

Yep, and when you are doing it you want to be no further than 2' back of the bumper ahead of you!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What does yield mean?

Generally I'm against gun control, but I think I'm for it in your case.
Personally, I'm missing the 'Road Rage' gene, but I've compensated
for it with the 'Pedestrian Rage' gene.

Over the years, more than a few bags of dog crap (I'm a responsible
dog owner) have entered open windows of cars that're passing me
& my dogs in crosswalks. Convertibles are harder targets than a
sedan strangely due to some different aerodynamics.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
To understand Yield, one has to understand Right-Of-Way - and everyone's right. Just ask 'em....

A yield sign means you must slow down or stop if necessary and yield the right-of-way to traffic in the intersection or on the intersecting road.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have never scene so many dumb *** redneck country bumkin drivers in my entire life..
Funny, we rarely have that problem in this area, which I might add, is filled with rednecks. Although traffic violations do tend to spike in the summer time when the citiots visit.

Now as you get closer to the city, that's when you start seeing it happen regularly.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Sometimes, you just get too busy behind the wheel to really waste time paying attention to the signs at the side of the road.. To start, I'm usually doubling the limit, so the sign itself is a blur.... And when I'm busy lighting a smoke with one hand and holding my coffee in the other, I don't feel very safe shoulder checking because when you're steering with your knees and you crank your neck around to check, you stand a chance of over steering... I think that we can all agree, that is an unnecessary safety risk

With that in mind; I do make up for it.. I generally will stop twice at the next sign (if it's convenient) or make a mental note of the yield signs, etc.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Generally I'm against gun control, but I think I'm for it in your case.
Personally, I'm missing the 'Road Rage' gene, but I've compensated
for it with the 'Pedestrian Rage' gene.

Over the years, more than a few bags of dog crap (I'm a responsible
dog owner) have entered open windows of cars that're passing me
& my dogs in crosswalks. Convertibles are harder targets than a
sedan strangely due to some different aerodynamics.

Reading your post, a funny prank I've heard about comes to mind. I believe it's called Poop Dollar!. They may have a video or two about it at Youtube.;)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Should be in both "official" languages . Some dumb arseholes probably can't read it.

:roll:;-)

Funny, we rarely have that problem in this area, which I might add, is filled with rednecks. Although traffic violations do tend to spike in the summer time when the citiots visit.

Now as you get closer to the city, that's when you start seeing it happen regularly.

I've seen some pretty yokel types ignore the CEDER signs, and blow through stop signs as well. Way out in the country. just sayin

eh

some were prettier than others.:iconbiggrin: