• Invest Direct into Alternative Energy Companies

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
How many people thing Carbon Credits are a good thing or maybe think it's more of a scam??

I mean, personally I think if your going to call your business "green" you need to have solar, wind, geothermal or some green energy source directly running it.. not buy carbon credits and then claim to be green...

Any comments or feelings on the topic.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is another polite way of redistributing the wealth of the world on an on going basis.
First we create a lot of carbon so we have to produce less. But wait the third world now
has the factories so they have to reduce carbon too right? Well no first because they
could care less and secondly we don't want to upset a good thing by having our pollution
exported so the first world citizens don't see it directly unless on holidays.
Oh we want to do some manufacturing here because, well folks are yelling about unemployment.
Can't have that. Therefore we can buy carbon credits that allows us to pollute because we
bought them from a country that pollutes anyway and doesn't care. We can also sell them some
carbon credits for money in a global system so they can pollute and our factories can keep on
producing cheap goods for huge profits and that qualifies as being green.
Either way the people at the top make all the money buying and selling and then adding the cost
to consumer products for a larger profit margin than before carbon credits.
It is a game that looks good when green is promoted.
If they really believed in carbon credits and they want to do something useful in that case then
award carbon credits to farmers who grow plants especially trees those trees absorb carbon.
Na, there would be no money in that.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
I'm into Clean Air/Clean Water/Healthy Living(trying:))/Family/Friends/Good Times... No matter how we get there...Gotta Breath/Gotta Drink...Gotta Live....

Rest is..Big Biz/Big Gov...B.S..

Things are getting better...People are Catching On/Getting Smarter..Times are Changing....

If the Majority of Big Biz/Big Gov. Agree Carbon Credits are the way to go ...That's what'll happen ...
Input from The common folk has no bearing on this issue(or most others when it relates to Big.Biz/Gov.).
Is all More reactionary Political Games, than anything productive...(So Far)..

China Should Be Heading Toward..Green/Clean Tech ...Or they will ruin themselves, and anyone who follows them..( Taking the planet with them in the process)

Your Thread should be Green Vs. Greed.

Greed is not the Answer Or The Solution..

Green/CleanTech. is ;)

Green, On The Ground/Clean Trek, To The Stars...

The Light is Green; the Future Clear.
Green/Clean Tech, Is Now, is the Future.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
....I mean, personally I think if your going to call your business "green" you need to have solar, wind, geothermal or some green energy source directly running it.. not buy carbon credits and then claim to be green...

Personally, I think if you're going to call your business "Green," your surname should be Green.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
One of the local puddle jumper airlines is promoting itself as carbon neutral because they bought a tree in some third world country. Only way they can do that is by parking their gas guzzling planes and get solar powered hot air balloons. The loggers think it is a joke but the rich tourists that come to steal our salmon seem to fall for it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One of the local puddle jumper airlines is promoting itself as carbon neutral because they bought a tree in some third world country. Only way they can do that is by parking their gas guzzling planes and get solar powered hot air balloons. The loggers think it is a joke but the rich tourists that come to steal our salmon seem to fall for it.
How does a sapling offset carbon? That baffles the hell out of me.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I want one of those bumper stickers!

Conservative Bumper Stickers,Nobama, Election 2012

Unless you are getting your power directly from the Sun, Wind, Geothermal, whatever and you are not polluting the atmosphere, you are a Green Company.. otherwise, it's just malarkey and false advertising to make people think your a Green Company.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Unless you are getting your power directly from the Sun, Wind, Geothermal, whatever and you are not polluting the atmosphere, you are a Green Company.. otherwise, it's just malarkey and false advertising to make people think your a Green Company.

Boomer it is well known that a company is free to pump as much pollution into the air as long as they buy carbon credits for them. It really isn't about saving mother earth, it is about lining the occupants of Turtle Bay's pockets.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wow, at first I thought the above "Turtle Bay" reference was a mistake, and instead
you meant to type in "Turtle Island." A Google search & Wow! I see where you're going
and that it's not a typo. One hell of a way to offset your carbon emissions. At least they're
advocating supporting planned parrenthood services, etc...& not just removing a person.

Calculations based on the trust’s figures show the 10 tonnes emitted by a return
flight from London to Sydney would be offset by enabling the avoidance of one
unwanted birth in a country such as Kenya. Such action not only cuts emissions
but reduces the number of people who will fall victim to climate change, it says….

The scheme, called PopOffsets, understands the connection [between population
increase and climate change],” says the trust director Roger Martin. “It offers a
practical and sensible response. For the first time ever individuals, companies
and organisations will have the opportunity to offset their carbon voluntarily
by supporting projects to provide family planning services where there is
currently unmet demand.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Wow, at first I thought the above "Turtle Bay" reference was a mistake, and instead
you meant to type in "Turtle Island." A Google search & Wow! I see where you're going
and that it's not a typo. One hell of a way to offset your carbon emissions. At least they're
advocating supporting planned parrenthood services, etc...& not just removing a person.
Calculations based on the trust’s figures show the 10 tonnes emitted by a return
flight from London to Sydney would be offset by enabling the avoidance of one
unwanted birth in a country such as Kenya. Such action not only cuts emissions
but reduces the number of people who will fall victim to climate change, it says….

The scheme, called PopOffsets, understands the connection [between population
increase and climate change],” says the trust director Roger Martin. “It offers a
practical and sensible response. For the first time ever individuals, companies
and organisations will have the opportunity to offset their carbon voluntarily
by supporting projects to provide family planning services where there is
currently unmet demand.

Turtle Bay...

That's the UN along the shore of Turtle Bay, NY