Saskatoon Transit bus driver suspended after video of profanity-filled altercation po

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Saskatoon Transit bus driver suspended after video of profanity-filled altercation posted online

[youtube]Knawj6AtIgc[/youtube]

Saskatoon Transit has suspended a bus driver as an internal investigation takes place into a skirmish and profanity-laden shouting match that surfaced in an online video.

The online video shows a man apparently refusing to get out of the way of a bus at the transit hub at the University of Saskatchewan. By the time the video begins, the driver has already stepped out of the bus to confront the man.

When the man apparently refuses to move, the bus driver says: “Does somebody wanna drag this (expletive) away from my bus?”

Two men then come to assistance of the driver and remove the man from in front of the bus.

The video was attracting some attention Thursday with more than 300 views in the evening.

Saskatoon Transit manager Bob Howe said he is aware of the incident and officials and police are investigating.

“The incident itself is very unfortunate,” Howe said in an interview. “We will be looking into it. It isn’t something we look at very favourably.”

The investigation could take three or four days, Howe said.

© Copyright (c) The StarPhoenix

Read more: Saskatoon Transit bus driver suspended after video posted online

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Seems to me the **** orifice that was causing the problem should be hauled off to jail just for being ignorant if nothing else. I thought the driver showed admirable restraint.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The driver shouldn't have cursed him out like that-very poor form-OTOH the man obstructing the bus is a passive aggressive ashole of the highest order and deserves whatever happened to him he is selfish beyond belief-and ignorant to boot.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Don't drivers have a radio for sh-it like this? Call it in and the police can arrest the a$$hole -- unless of course he was only play blocking a bus.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I often wonder how these drivers put up with this crap. We all blame the driver. If the passengers
were late what did they expect did they want the driver to just run over the fool? I don't think the
driver should have cursed him out either but really the stupidity of going after the driver. I would be
ticked off too with some fool standing in front of my vehicle.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That was pretty mellow, I've seen far worse things happen in front of Place Riel.

It's nice to see they have a nicer colour scheme on the Toontown buses. The green and yellow was just heinous and worthy of a youTube retro extravaganza all on it's own.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Unfortunately, when some individuals get extremely frustrated, the mouth can become rather "potty" - I know mine does and it's not something I'm proud of. However, it takes a special kind of person, in my estimation, not to "open" said mouth and remain calm. It's a trait that I envy about those people I know who can remain calm and rational in a tense situation. Still trying to figure out how to be like that but I trust it's too late for me now - I'm too old to change lol.

JMO

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
I have a friend that drives transit bus in a city with a large University.and the stuff that the students try to pull off is often quite humorous when it's not dangerous.

The trouble is he sees the same thing day in and day out and lost his humor about it.

The bulk of the training these drivers get revolves around their tolerance with dealing with the public.the actual driving part is easy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Canadians just being their polite selves! I couldn't resist.

A quote...

"This makes for some good footage."

It sure does. The antagonist slipped pretty hard as well. Did he smash his face? I have to side with the driver a bit. Granted he should have relaxed and use that radio but the guy in front of the bus was being a bigger jerk. As if people want to wait while some guy simply stands in front of their bus when they have places to be.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Canadian version of Tank Man? It was just a matter of time before somebody clocked him. Depending on the time of day he could have been holding up 1000 people. Place Riel is the busiest bust stop in the city.