Going green after death

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

If only they could transplant funny bones.

Sense of humour is seriously lacking in some.......

JLM
+1

If only they could transplant funny bones.

Which one?

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Thats neat. There are quite a few ways one can get rid of a body. I've heard that some people have used cremains turned into an artificial diamond. Its pretty expensive though.

I'm just donating my body to medical research. I was going to do cremation til I read about the research thing. There's no point in having it burned or buried if it can be useful to someone. So it helps people, doesn't cost a dime and has virtually no impact on the environment.

Bonus is they will then do the BBQ for free and send the ashes to wherever you want.
I Have this written into my will . My wife however wants to be set in a tree native style. Not yet sure how I am going to pull that one off.

EagleSmack

Rome was awesome. I was really annoyed when they cancelled it. My only real complaint about it is that the second season was obviously rushed. Those story lines could have taken two seasons.

Rome was two seasons.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Bonus is they will then do the BBQ for free and send the ashes to wherever you want.
I Have this written into my will . My wife however wants to be set in a tree native style. Not yet sure how I am going to pull that one off.

You might be able to do it on Indian land, especially if that type of burial was part of their culture.

I would rather my carcass be left far out in the forest for the coyotes and ravens to feast on.

karrie
Personally I'll leave the decision making about what happens to my body to whoever's left behind. They're the ones who need to find comfort, not me

CanIrish
I want to be stuff and put on display in some crowded shopping centre.... either that or launched into space...

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CanIrishView Post

I want to be stuff and put on display in some crowded shopping centre.... either that or launched into space...

You can be launched into space. Celestis, Inc. - Memorial Spaceflights - Launch ashes into space - Space burial - Funerals in space - Unique Post Cremation Option

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Rome was two seasons.

It was. I was saying the second season's story line should have gotten a third season. There was way too much in the second season. The pace was a lot faster than the first season. The first season covered only about five years while the second covered close to 15. Somehow no one in the show aged aside from the children. Though I can't blame them. HBO pretty much forced them to do it that way.

petros

It was. I was saying the second season's story line should have gotten a third season

HBO did the samething with Deadwood.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by CanIrishView Post

Get stuffed, eh! I think trying to skin a human would be a taxidermist nightmare. Kinda like trying to skin a mouse.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Get stuffed, eh! I think trying to skin a human would be a taxidermist nightmare. Kinda like trying to skin a mouse.

I don't know, we've got pretty thick rubbery skin in most places. There are plenty of human hides already in museums, so it mustnt be too hard to do.

Here's a neat sample The New Jersey Hall Of Shame

Cliffy

I don't know, we've got pretty thick rubbery skin in most places. There are plenty of human hides already in museums, so it mustnt be too hard to do.

Here's a neat sample The New Jersey Hall Of Shame

Whoa! I stand corrected. Wallets you say. I could use a new one.

karrie

Whoa! I stand corrected. Wallets you say. I could use a new one.

The pieces I've seen previous to that were presserved tattoos

Cliffy
+1

The pieces I've seen previous to that were presserved tattoos

Great! I want a wallet with tattoos. I've seen a few people with enough tattoos to make a suit case.

karrie

Great! I want a wallet with tattoos. I've seen a few people with enough tattoos to make a suit case.

Maybe this guy will sell you a hide off one of his beauties.

EagleSmack

It was. I was saying the second season's story line should have gotten a third season. There was way too much in the second season. The pace was a lot faster than the first season. The first season covered only about five years while the second covered close to 15. Somehow no one in the show aged aside from the children. Though I can't blame them. HBO pretty much forced them to do it that way.

Oh for sure. I wished it was more than two seasons myself. What a great series.

My favorite characters...