Cheaper gasoline.

petros
Are prices falling in your area?

In Regina we are down to 110.9L at the lowest priced station.

How about you?

gerryh
+1
105.9 in calgary

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

105.9 in calgary

PST is almost the only difference.

B00Mer
What happen to building refineries in Canada so we don't to pay so much?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

The 4th biggest in Canada just re-opened two weeks ago after a major expansion. 50% increase in capacity although none of the refineries are running full steam making fuel to begin with.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The 4th biggest in Canada just re-open two weeks ago,

I was thinking about that millionaire who was goung to build in BC and something about the pipeline..

petros

I was thinking about that millionaire who was goung to build in BC and something about the pipeline..

BC alread has a refinery in Burnaby with a few more on Puget Sound 1 hour away in Everett WA. There is no shortage of fuel refining capacity. There is for upgrading and oil refining.

Soon we'll see fuel back under 80 cents/L and the economy will boom in the dead parts of the country.

bill barilko
+1

BC....has a refinery in Burnaby....

Which is closing in February for scheduled maintenance-look for short supply and higher prices short term-this has been expected for some time.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros;1[I

Soon we'll see fuel back under 80 cents/L and the economy will boom in the dead parts of the country.[/I]

Whatever gas it is you're sniffing it sure is high octane!

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Which is closing in February for scheduled maintenance-look for short supply and higher prices short term-this has been expected for some time.

Whatever gas it is you're sniffing it sure is high octane!

Shut downs are yearly at all refineries. thats why they have those big tanks to stockpile. You won't an increase at the pumps.

You can't get the good hi-octane stuff in Squish?

It's going to keep dropping and dropping and dropping as more and more domestic Nor Am oil is produced and projects underway compete in very short order.

Any Chance you are a gambling man?

petros
109.9L today....

Just the Facts
Nope, dipped a little last week but back to roughly 1.25 now.

gerryh
if we add in the discounts available through safeway..... it's down to $100.9

Goober
99.9 at Esso

petros
+1
This is excellent for the economy.

In Between Man
123.9 in Vancouver.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

123.9 in Vancouver.

If there were no green crap tax, no Translink free ride or GVRD tax you'd be at a round 115.9

In Between Man

If there were no green crap tax, no Translink free ride or GVRD tax you'd be at a round 115.9

Even cheaper than that I think. Translink tax is 11 percent, Carbon-scam tax is another 3 percent. That's it! I'm running for the legislature in 2013!

petros
The dedicated tax on clear gasoline and clear diesel fuel sold inside the South Coast British Columbia transportation service region (SCTA) is 17 per litre. (TransLink increased the rate from 15 to 17 per litre effective April 1, 2012.)

It's still cheaper to drive than use Translink. Who is benefitting other than Translink?

It's 111.9- 114.9 in Mission

taxslave

the NIMBYs would rather pay high prices than have local jobs.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

the NIMBYs would rather pay high prices than have local jobs.

When it's foggy or ovecast, the lights from the refinery make it easy to find my keys when I'm in my backyard opening the garage door.

I'll take two more no problem.

taxslave
$1.199 in Qualicum Beach.$1.189 in Nanaimo A couple of days ago it was !.089 in Courtnay. We usually pay a little more because we got more rich retirees.

When it's foggy or ovecast, the lights from the refinery make it easy to find my keys when I'm in my backyard opening the garage door.

I'll take two more no problem.

Got your own tap yet?

JLM

The dedicated tax on clear gasoline and clear diesel fuel sold inside the South Coast British Columbia transportation service region (SCTA) is 17 per litre. (TransLink increased the rate from 15 to 17 per litre effective April 1, 2012.)

It's still cheaper to drive than use Translink. Who is benefitting other than Translink?

It's 111.9- 114.9 in Mission

Ya think? Gasoline might amount to 1/4 of the cost of owning and driving a vehicle! I know where people get paid by their employer for using their vehicle on the job, they are getting up to 35 cents a km. or more. That would be an indication.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Ya think? Gasoline might amount to 1/4 of the cost of owning and driving a vehicle! I know where people get paid by their employer for using their vehicle on the job, they are getting up to 35 cents a km. or more. That would be an indication.

The going rate is $0.51/km according to CCRA, which really isn't enough. When you use your vehicle for work you must also have extra insurance.

petros

What is two extra hours a day spent with your wife and kid or two hours of extra sleep worth?

eh1eh
$1.20 in Toronto area. We have 2 refineries within an hour of Toronto and at least one more in Sarnia, ON.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

The going rate is $0.51/km according to CCRA, which really isn't enough. When you use your vehicle for work you must also have extra insurance.

Well, I did say "or more", but yeah, I'm getting old and out of touch, but I can understand it. I car wash can be $9.00 (I do mine in my yard)

What is two extra hours a day spent with your wife and kid or two hours of extra sleep worth?

A lot, but I doubt if you'll get it, sitting in rush hour traffic. Busses generally have dedicated lanes, they have schedules to meet.

petros

Well, I did say "or more", but yeah, I'm getting old and out of touch, but I can understand it. I car wash can be $9.00 (I do mine in my yard)

A lot, but I doubt if you'll get it, sitting in rush hour traffic. Busses generally have dedicated lanes, they have schedules to meet.

You can't put a price on it.

32+ more free hours per month. If that time was spent on the highway a 100km/h, it would be like driving to Regina and back to Vancouver every month on a crowded, disease laden, loud, uncomfortable city bus.

JLM

You can't put a price on it.

32+ more free hours per month. If that time was spent on the highway a 100km/h, it would be like driving to Regina and back to Vancouver every month on a crowded, disease laden, loud, uncomfortable city bus.

You are mixing up apples and oranges Petros, the hours would likely be spent in your car, not on the bus! An added little "nicety", in the lower mainland I doubt if you can park it for the day for under $10 or more.

petros

You are mixing up apples and oranges Petros, the hours would likely be spent in your car, not on the bus! An added little "nicety", in the lower mainland I doubt if you can park it for the day for under $10 or more.

Are you kidding me? Drive from one end of Vernon to the other stopping for 15 seconds every block, stop twice for 10 minutes (like two transfers) and time it. Then drive the same route back as you normally would and compare the time.

Then multiply x 2.

JLM

Are you kidding me? Drive from one end of Vernon to the other stopping for 15 seconds every block, stop twice for 10 minutes (like two transfers) and time it. Then drive the same route back as you normally would and compare the time.

Then multiply x 2.

In Vernon you'd be right! Think you could beat the bus by much driving from New West to Vancouver along Kingsway? Not to mention riding the bus you can relax or read the newspaper, instead of arriving frustrated and suffering from road rage!