It wasn't the blacks who rioted, it was the whites:

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

In this case, the citizens have voted for a stalemate... So, those that voted Rep owe to that body and those that voted Dem owe to another?

Actually all 3 bodies owe the citizens a working govt, not the idiotic, stubborn gong show they have had.

It doesn't matter what party they belong to they are the entire country's congress, the entire country's senate and the entire country's president.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

A Dem go dutch? Are you kidding me?

No need to go and insult the Dutch now

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

Actually all 3 bodies owe the citizens a working govt, not the idiotic, stubborn gong show they have had.

Well, perhaps the American population ought to consider that as just another debt to be piled on top of the rest.. No one expects that that this 'debt' will be honored

Kreskin
+2

In this case, the citizens have voted for a stalemate... So, those that voted Rep owe to that body and those that voted Dem owe to another?

Based on the election platforms, I'm curious how the Democrats purpose to achieve this... More debt; inject it into the economy and then turn around and raise taxes to recoup the money they borrowed?

Kinda like a ponzi scheme

Everyone is in the same boat, but if only one side is willing to govern in good faith then the sinking ship will be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Everyone is in the same boat, but if only one side is willing to govern in good faith then the sinking ship will be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

.. But everyone isn't in the same boat here... Less than 50% of the population pays Fed income taxes, so in the end, 1/2 of the population gets a free ride and the other half gets to pay the piper.

Good faith dealings require (or suggests) a win - win situation be developed (or worked towards). That presently doesn't exist

EagleSmack
+3
Duplicate thread.

Has anyone seen the video clip of the riot? lol

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Those who would oppose him would be Republicans right? These people are making
racial slurs and comments that are offensive. What a proud image for the Republican
party. Must make the mainstream of the party feel right proud.
No I am not saying all Republicans are racist some of its members are demonstrating
that themselves. And they want their side in power. I would think these people would
grow up, they lost America is safely in the hands of progress. That is the image that
is becoming clear.

Well I got my call from my cousin again, a staunch Democrat and liberal and wholly racist. Of course he doesn't blame himself for being a racist , he blames his parents and environment... which would be my Liberal Democrat state in Massachusetts.

His first words to me yesterday...

"Ahhh haaaaa... the n***** won again!"

But he doesn't think he's racist because he voted for Obama. Even though I got a text from him a month ago that read...

"I bet you a hundred bucks the n*g nog wins. You in?"

I told him no but it was great to see the racism is still alive in liberal Democrats.

captain morgan
Your cousin sounds like a very colorful character (no pun intended)

EagleSmack

Your cousin sounds like a very colorful character (no pun intended)

He's not alone. Many of our liberal communities are like this. From Andover stopping cars from Lowell and Lawrence filled with young trick or treaters from going to their lilly white neighborhoods to trick or treat to Cambridge (the heart of liberal Massachusetts) stopping a school for young black children from Boston being built in Harvard Square. Massachusetts Liberals LOVE minorities... as long as they stay in their respective neighborhoods.