Collection agency harasses debt-free Canadians


petros
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Another way you can be vulnerable is when you give a person permission to give your name as a contact. The bastards do not lay off, they phone 2 or 3 times a day leaving a recorded message. Of course when I see their number on call display, I just let it ring.

Does your phone company use *57 trace annoying calls? It works against collectors too.

It's been 4 years since my sister in-law moved out, the first 3 were hell until I found out about *57 and had all the annoying callers blocked.
 
JLM
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Does your phone company use *57 trace annoying calls? It works against collectors too.

It's been 4 years since my sister in-law moved out, the first 3 were hell until I found out about *57 and had all the annoying callers blocked.

I could have the call blocking option but it's another $10 a month.
 
petros
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I could have the call blocking option but it's another $10 a month.

*57 registers the number with the cops after 5 calls within a certain amount of time.

Call Trace - SaskTel (external - login to view)
 
JLM
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

*57 registers the number with the cops after 5 calls within a certain amount of time.

Call Trace - SaskTel (external - login to view)

Doesn't call display do away with the need for *57?
 
petros
#35
Nope and it saves them, them cops and you hassles and it doesn't cost anything. It gives you the legal power to do something about them not listening to you. When you say no you mean no and you can lay charges if it continues from another number or auto-dialer and iis the same company.

Word of advise. Never ever let you sister in-law move in after a really nasty divorce no matter how ****ed up she is or they just invade your den and cry on the couch and do **** all for three years wracking up debts.
 
PoliticalNick
+2
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Word of advise. Never ever let you sister in-law move in after a really nasty divorce no matter how ****ed up she is or they just invade your den and cry on the couch and do **** all for three years wracking up debts.

 
FlowerPower
#37
Iqor hacked into the Vancouver Island Health Authority Files and was sending collection notices to people that had used ambulance service. Iqor said that they had outstanding bills to be paid. THey make harrasing phone calls as they have access to your personal information address and phone numbers.They were poorly generated collection notices received in the mail. Copy and pasted bar codes and a flag as noted by the RCMP I spoke with was that they wanted you to send a money order to an address marked Western Union VIHA does not use this agency! I spoke with them directly. From VIHA I went directly to better business and reported who directed to do a report with the RCMP. They are scamming people for sure so be aware of Iqor. There were people that were speaking in an accent not English and I hate to be prejudiced sounding I am not....ok but they were of the East Indian accent....the phone calls that came associated with this. It went on for two months and then the letters that were told off.....as I am not just a lip service do you get my attitude here ? yes please do be aware of Iqor. The managers name of the lady I spoke with she said his name was Paul Fowler that he was the man that was making her call these numbers as I spoke to her twice. I called the numbers back and started asking them questions? As I wanted to know who the hell it was calling me. You know at first it was a man then you cal back and they answer Hello? What are you doing calling me here? I said...hmmmm.....why are you calling me all the time . I want to know the same thing? So it got to the point it was a young lady non english and she was not sure how to take me but she did spill her guts about the jerk she was working for at the end of that call centre of abuse of employees who do not understand the English they are speaking or what is is that they are doing on the other end of the line. Not cool Mr.Fowler.
 

Similar Threads

10
Canadians carry most household debt in G20
by wulfie68 | Jul 12th, 2010
0
NHL Free Agency Winners and Losers
by CBC News | Jul 2nd, 2008
8
Collection Agency Conundrum
by rtannoyed | Jan 13th, 2007
no new posts