Vancouver Money Laundering: Cop Says He "FOUND" A Million Dollars In A City Park!

wizard
... vancouver cop claims to find a million dollars in a city park and a bc judge says he can keep it. bbc story HERE (external - login to view) ...

... this is clearly another money laundering scheme cooked up by the vancouver police ...

... any comments on this?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by wizardView Post

... vancouver cop claims to find a million dollars in a city park and a bc judge says he can keep it. bbc story HERE (external - login to view) ...

... this is clearly another money laundering scheme cooked up by the vancouver police ...

13 years ago.

wizard
... why would the cop get to keep the cash personally? it wasn't found by the vancouver police?

CDNBear
+3
#4  Top Rated Post

Not quite yet, I'll just wait until the rest of the anti cop herd finish making things up.

Corduroy
Who do you think should get the money?

wizard
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

... certainly not the pigs. they obviously stole it from someone. the bc government is in the theft business ...

CDNBear

... why would the cop get to keep the cash personally?

Because he found it, personally.

Quote:

it wasn't found by the vancouver police?

No.

Corduroy
+2

... certainly not the pigs. they obviously stole it from someone. the bc government is in the theft business ...

How do you know that?

wizard
... no wonder the bc supreme court recently struck down the money laundering laws for the lawyers. wonder which vancouver lawyer brought THIS money laundering motion ...

CDNBear

... no wonder the bc supreme court recently struck down the money laundering laws for the lawyers.

No they didn't.

gerryh
+2
He found it when he was off duty. Does anyone have any info as to whether he did actually get to keep the money?

wizard
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

He found it when he was off duty. Does anyone have any info as to whether he did actually get to keep the money?

... the article at the link says he got to keep it ...

CDNBear
+1

After he waited 6 years, and a person who claimed it was theirs, had threatened an appeal.

gerryh

No it didn't. I see you are still having comprehension problems.

wizard
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

No it didn't. I see you are still having comprehension problems.

... the following quote is from the article: "A Vancouver city police officer has become a millionaire after a judge ruled he could keep a bag of money he found in a city park."

CDNBear
+1

... the following quote is from the article: "A Vancouver city police officer has become a millionaire after a judge ruled he could keep a bag of money he found in a city park."

Quote:

However, the policeman will not be able to spend his Christmas windfall quite yet.

Judge Carol Baird-Ellan ruled that he would have to wait six years, in case the true owner came forward.

Goober
+1

And your point is. Do you need help with that.

wizard
... obviously the pig got to keep the money, that's how it works in money laundering land ...

Goober
+1

... obviously the pig got to keep the money, that's how it works in money laundering land ...

The point is the story is 13 years old - did you bother to research it - or is that beyond you.

CDNBear

LOL.

At what point will you be presenting some evidence of money laundering?

wizard
... yes, i see now that this is a story from a few years back. sadly, the theft and money laundering situation still remains a problem there ...

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

LOL.

At what point will you be presenting some evidence of money laundering?

I think the poor fellow is suffering from an extreme case of backup.
Might I suggest

The Raving TV Commercial from Roto-Rooter Plumbing Repair - YouTube

CDNBear
+2

... yes, i see now that this is a story from a few years back. sadly, the theft and money laundering situation still remains a problem there ...

You still haven't presented any evidence of theft or money laundering. Actually, you haven't presented the outcome of the 6 year waiting period either.

Corduroy
+2

But you don't know. In fact, you didn't know the story was 13 years old, you didn't know that there was a 6 year waiting period, so you clearly don't know whether he got to keep the money after the waiting period. You're clearly just making it up.

Goober
+1

But you don't know. In fact, you didn't know the story was 13 years old, you didn't know that there was a 6 year waiting period, so you clearly don't know whether he got to keep the money after the waiting period. You're clearly just making it up.

He is just another troll with a conspiracy complex regarding Police - Govt Officials- Judges- Lawyers-

I am sure that the govt has a satellite specifically assigned to him.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

He is just another troll with a conspiracy complex regarding Police - Govt Officials- Judges- Lawyers-

I am sure that the govt has a satellite specifically assigned to him.

He should have that little lump on his back checked....or at least cover it with tin foil......

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

He should have that little lump on his back checked....or at least cover it with tin foil......

gerryh
+1

prove it.

JLM

... why would the cop get to keep the cash personally? it wasn't found by the vancouver police?

Make up your mind Wizzy, your OP said it was. Ya can't suck and blow at the same time.

The guy who found it.................until the rightful owner shows up and can prove ownership. (I'm guessing he/she won't want to)

However if I was the finder I'd change my address pronto and buy a couple of hungry pit bulls!

Wizzy does have memory lapses!