News anchor owns an e-bully for calling her fat

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Good for her for standing up and addressing it publicly. Using that idiots superficial and very meaningless judgement to provide a better perspective to younger people (maybe through their parents, but it was for them none the less). I don't know if I'd qualify it as 'bullying' per se, more just rude, inappropriate and shallow behaviour but it does tie in nicely to the issue.

You know, I'm a very big proponent of free speech and the right to speak your mind but what some idiots just don't recognize is that just because you have a thought, doesn't mean you have to share it. Essentially make sure you have a mind before you decide to share that mind with others.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I am only saddened that she did not use the opportunity to remind that she is normal. The whole 'barbie doll' image the bully was hoping she should promote is false.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I am only saddened that she did not use the opportunity to remind that she is normal. The whole 'barbie doll' image the bully was hoping she should promote is false.

It's also not 'healthy' for her to try to achieve, thus negating his whole premise. The only healthy thing to try to achieve with your body is, well, health. Move around, walk, run, laugh, lift....live. trying to lose weight and force your body to be something it might rebel against being can actually undermine that.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What's a good role model for girls? That any woman, no matter she shape, race, or age can succeed in journalism or the usual practice that only promotes traditionally attractive women to on air positions?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
The La Crosse man, Kenneth Krause, wrote: "I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years. Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular."

this poor man was just being a good Samaritan to the big fat fatty so that he could spend several more years watching his favorite news anchor. ;)

all joking aside, i'm glad she stood up for herself and set and example for the young viewers. :) :cool:

sadly, he wanted attention and to get a reaction out of her. he got both. :(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

I find her to be quite attractive, to be honest.:)

I don't care that she doesn't fit the "perfect" idea of what a woman should look like. No one can.

Hmmm, offering an opinion is an attack?

Some people take harsh reality to sensitively.

The way it was worded didn't seem to me to be an opinion.

I'd actually be interested to see what the writer of the original email looks like. I wonder if he would like being "critiqued" or not?;)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The way it was worded didn't seem to me to be an opinion.
It was exactly the wording that made me think it was an opinion.

It's not as if he said she was a fat pig and should kill herself.

He presented a valid argument.

His opinion was far more intelligent, than the bulk of her reply.