News anchor owns an e-bully for calling her fat

Locutus
+4
#1  Top Rated Post
Attagurl!

I hope our manly-man e-hero chokes and dies but that's a story for another day.

CBS WKBT News Anchors On-Air Respsonse to Viewer Calling Her Fat Oct 2nd 2012 - YouTube

article: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/loca...for-community/

http://gawker.com/5948321/local-news...too-fat-for-tv
Last edited by Locutus; Oct 3rd, 2012 at 08:47 AM..Reason: included related source

SLM
+1
Good for her for standing up and addressing it publicly. Using that idiots superficial and very meaningless judgement to provide a better perspective to younger people (maybe through their parents, but it was for them none the less). I don't know if I'd qualify it as 'bullying' per se, more just rude, inappropriate and shallow behaviour but it does tie in nicely to the issue.

You know, I'm a very big proponent of free speech and the right to speak your mind but what some idiots just don't recognize is that just because you have a thought, doesn't mean you have to share it. Essentially make sure you have a mind before you decide to share that mind with others.

taxslave
A bit crude perhaps but not bullying.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

A bit crude perhaps but not bullying.

Yeah, more of an e-douche. I chose the trendier 'bully' too quickly.

Also included a link to the story but there are more I'm sure.

PoliticalNick
+1
I am only saddened that she did not use the opportunity to remind that she is normal. The whole 'barbie doll' image the bully was hoping she should promote is false.

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

I am only saddened that she did not use the opportunity to remind that she is normal. The whole 'barbie doll' image the bully was hoping she should promote is false.

It's also not 'healthy' for her to try to achieve, thus negating his whole premise. The only healthy thing to try to achieve with your body is, well, health. Move around, walk, run, laugh, lift....live. trying to lose weight and force your body to be something it might rebel against being can actually undermine that.

Corduroy
+2
What's a good role model for girls? That any woman, no matter she shape, race, or age can succeed in journalism or the usual practice that only promotes traditionally attractive women to on air positions?

spaminator
The La Crosse man, Kenneth Krause, wrote: "I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years. Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular."

this poor man was just being a good Samaritan to the big fat fatty so that he could spend several more years watching his favorite news anchor.

all joking aside, i'm glad she stood up for herself and set and example for the young viewers.

sadly, he wanted attention and to get a reaction out of her. he got both.

CDNBear
Hmmm, offering an opinion is an attack?

Some people take harsh reality to sensitively.

shadowshiv
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Attagurl!

I hope our manly-man e-hero chokes and dies but that's a story for another day.

CBS WKBT News Anchors On-Air Respsonse to Viewer Calling Her Fat Oct 2nd 2012 - YouTube

article: Jennifer Livingston Responds On-Air to Viewer‘s Email Saying She’s Too Fat to Be ‘Example’ for Community | Video | TheBlaze.com

Local News Anchor Responds On-Air to Viewer Email Telling Her She's Too Fat for TV

I find her to be quite attractive, to be honest.

I don't care that she doesn't fit the "perfect" idea of what a woman should look like. No one can.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Hmmm, offering an opinion is an attack?

Some people take harsh reality to sensitively.

The way it was worded didn't seem to me to be an opinion.

I'd actually be interested to see what the writer of the original email looks like. I wonder if he would like being "critiqued" or not?

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

The way it was worded didn't seem to me to be an opinion.

It was exactly the wording that made me think it was an opinion.

It's not as if he said she was a fat pig and should kill herself.

He presented a valid argument.

His opinion was far more intelligent, than the bulk of her reply.