India power outage massive cyber attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
From what I have seen and read I don't think any outside help is necessary. The system is quite capable of crashing on it's own.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Who do you think launched the alleged cyberattack?

It doesn't have to be a criminal cyber attack. A few power load spikes and overloads from air conditioning
demands could just snowball into a situation that will be very hard fix.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
nothing in that article made it 'obvious' why it would be a cyber attack and not a typical power grid crash due to the heat wave.

horses, not zebras.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Who do you think launched the alleged cyberattack?

Pakistan or China

Remember, India is not new to terrorist attacks..

Chronology of terrorist incidents in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nothing in that article made it 'obvious' why it would be a cyber attack and not a typical power grid crash due to the heat wave.

horses, not zebras.

This is a nucular nation and suddenly 3 power plants fail.. o.k. one I can see..but 3.. humm not unless it was intentional.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This is a nucular nation and suddenly 3 power plants fail.. o.k. one I can see..but 3.. humm not unless it was intentional.

Overdraw is overdraw, nuclear or not. Nuclear is not limitless, if it were, there wouldn't be more than 1 plant, right?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
then again... trying to fix this mess has to be fun.

source & other good pics from National Geographic.

Pictures: India Power Outage Darkens Cities, Stops Trains

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The outage is not a terrorist attack. It was caused by electrical consumers pulling more energy off the grid than what it could provide, causing the first power station to go off line, which increased the load on the remaining power stations. One by one they all went off line. The root cause was a rapid increase in demand, poor infrastructure and regulation. Who would have thought that years of substandard components and bad planning would come back and bite you in the @ss?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The outage is not a terrorist attack. It was caused by electrical consumers pulling more energy off the grid than what it could provide, causing the first power station to go off line, which increased the load on the remaining power stations. One by one they all went off line. The root cause was a rapid increase in demand, poor infrastructure and regulation. Who would have thought that years of substandard components and bad planning would come back and bite you in the @ss?

You sound pretty sure of yourself.. and your domino theory.. humm

All I can say, the Power outage in Ontario & upstate New York, the power outage in Orange County and Southern California.. it's time to get off the grid, save money and be more secure.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island