Police is our god?

Jun 29, 2012
Just fed up that they have too much power, too bad of an attitude, and treat u like a piece of garbage. They walk around the country like they own it. Without even saying THANKS FOR YOUR TAXES. Do u feel safe around them or threatened? If the second one - WHY? if u are a good citizen without any criminal history, WHY? Wrongful arrests, inappropriate comments, and so on. When I heard those stories from other people - I did not always blv them/ But this time it is my PERSONAL experience, and Ivnever even had a parking ticket in my life.
IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. We are humans without rights.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just fed up that they have too much power, too bad of an attitude, and treat u like a piece of garbage. They walk around the country like they own it. Without even saying THANKS FOR YOUR TAXES. Do u feel safe around them or threatened? If the second one - WHY? if u are a good citizen without any criminal history, WHY? Wrongful arrests, inappropriate comments, and so on. When I heard those stories from other people - I did not always blv them/ But this time it is my PERSONAL experience, and Ivnever even had a parking ticket in my life.
IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. We are humans without rights.
The new reality sucks, eh? We have been sliding down this road for a long time. It just got worse a little at a time so most people didn't even notice. I've been watching for 45 years but most people are still in denial.

Jun 29, 2012
The new reality sucks, eh? We have been sliding down this road for a long time. It just got worse a little at a time so most people didn't even notice. I've been watching for 45 years but most people are still in denial.
yeah
reality check
Ivnever heard a single good thing about them - and I dont socialize with a bunch of criminasl... well , now i have to be less judgemental considering the new experience. who knows how many of them were wrongfully accused and such.

yeah
reality check
Ivnever heard a single good thing about them - and I dont socialize with a bunch of criminasl... well , now i have to be less judgemental considering the new experience. who knows how many of them were wrongfully accused and such.
ppl have open their eyes and do something instead of singing every morning @O CANADA!@

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Lots of unsolved murders here in southern Alberta,they all involve cops.
Too bad I cant repeat some of the stuff I have heard on my radio scanner,especially when it could pick up one side of most cell phone conversations a few years ago.

They must transfer all the bad cops here.

I worked with a guy years ago,he got drunk,got in a scuffle and was tossed in the cell,the cop then shot him twice in self defense,one in the guts and one in the head while in the cell.He finally got charged after years of appeals,I think he did house arrest thing at home.

At the kids funeral the rcmp set up a checkstop on the way to the cemetary,hows that for strange ****e?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Varley

While at the police department, and booking Varley into the last jail cell, Constable Ferguson stated that Varley had pulled his bulletproof vest over his head and gained momentary control of his pistol through what experts testified was a little-known defect in the holster design. An altercation occurred at which time Ferguson regained enough control of the gun to fire two quick shots. One grazed the side of Varley's abdomen and the other shot pierced his skull just behind the ear. Varley, now breathing with severe difficulty, lay wounded on the cell floor while Constable Ferguson called the ambulance, which attended moments later. Varley was airlifted to a Calgary hospital where he was pronounced dead.

When you read the whole case it's like a badly scripted movie,you can clearly see how some cops get protection.

Court verdict

After two attempts by the Crown which both ended in mistrials from hung juries to try Michael Ferguson for the killing of Darren Varley, a third attempt was made to try him for manslaughter. Five years after the killing of Darren Varley, Constable Michael Ferguson was found guilty and convicted of manslaughter.[1]

The mandatory sentence for manslaughter in Canada, is a four-year closed prison term in incidents involving a firearm. Justice Ged Hawco, ruled to make a constitutional exemption to the firearm clause because the police revolver was present as a result of Constable Ferguson's duties and allow Michael Ferguson to serve an exceptional two-year less a day term in his own home. Justice Hawco came to the conclusion that Michael Ferguson fired the first shot in self defense, but the second shot was unnecessary.
Justice Hawco stated in his Reasons for Judgment, "If I were to place Mr. Ferguson on this ladder of moral culpability, given the facts which the jury must have concluded, he would be on the very lower rungs."[2]

So he basically walked away scot free,been nice to see him in GP in grande cache.

Here's another unsolved murder in the same area involving RCMP.http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=445.0

May 25, 2008

Small town double murder unsolved 10 years later
Alberta teacher, Mountie boyfriend found shot
By BILL GRAVELAND, The Canadian Press

It's been 10 years since the popular school teacher, Lorraine McNab (top), and her boyfriend, RCMP Sgt. Peter Sopow, were found murdered. The case is still unsolved.

PINCHER CREEK, Alta. — The simple plaque in the middle of the small garden in front of Canyon Elementary School pays homage to a beloved teacher.

Carved in stone, it reads simply “Lorraine McNab” and includes an etching of the breathtaking Rocky Mountains that dominate the view from the picturesque town of Pincher Creek in southwest Alberta. A small cameo of a horse in the top right-hand corner completes the memorial.

Students from the popular teacher’s kindergarten class are now in junior and senior high school — a long way from the December day in 1997 when McNab and her boyfriend were found shot to death inside a horse trailer on her rural property just south of town.

The case remains unsolved despite intense investigations into the double homicide and thousands of hours of police work. But although McNab and RCMP Sgt. Peter Sopow may be gone, they are definitely not forgotten.

“I think we’re up the creek without a paddle on this one,” sighed Lorraine’s brother, Grant McNab, in an interview with The Canadian Press. “It’ll be 11 years this December and after this long we’re beginning to think this will never be solved.

“Life goes on. We all sit here and wish something could get solved. Whoever did it is basically walking around as a free man. If it doesn’t get solved I guess it goes down in the history books as another unsolved mystery.”

No murder weapon recovered

McNab left behind two children, a boy and a girl, and anxious townsfolk shocked that something so violent could happen in such a small, close-knit community.

Speculation has long been rampant about who could have committed the crime and why. Police have wondered about a local suspect. But suspicions mean nothing without evidence and investigators haven’t even recovered a murder weapon.

McNab had originally expected that the case would be wrapped up in no time, especially considering it involved a Mountie as well as his sister.

“They even said that `one of our own is involved and we’re going to get to the bottom of this,”’ remembered McNab. “It sounded like it would be in short order and here we are nearly 11 years later.

“The bottom drawer in this case must be closed, but they say ’No, no, no. We’re still working.’ Supposedly they’re waiting for modern technology or something.”

Investigation hits a dead end

Police have not given up on solving the case but they concede the investigation has hit a dead end.

“I can’t tell you that it’s under active investigation. We haven’t had anything of significance for quite some time as far as tips from the public,” said Sgt. Patrick Webb from the RCMP in Calgary.

“There are tips that come in every once in a while, but their values are not very high,” he added. “It’s a cold case. It has a special meaning for us, but is not any more special than many other cases we’d like to solve.”

Webb agrees with McNab that the best bet for solving the double homicide probably lies with technology.

“We are still holding out that future technological advances will allow us to re-examine evidence that we currently hold, and that re-examination will give us the final pieces that will get us to the point of actually laying charges.”

There’s a new resident now on Lorraine McNab’s property. The quarter-section of land she had so proudly purchased has been sold and subdivided. Her life in Pincher Creek is fading into a memory.

But her brother remembers, and he’s haunted by questions.

“Her last minute, two minutes, five minutes of her life? Was it God-damned horrific?

“I wish somebody could be arrested and then maybe we could get a couple of more questions answered,” he wonders out loud.

“Whether we want the answers? In the long run, I do.”

And if a suspect is arrested?

“He’ll never answer the question, but I would like to stare him in the eyes for a couple of minutes and have him just a little bit scared of what I’m thinking.”

(sorry for all the edits)
There's more,another rcmp died in an ultralight crash after the sopow murder,I cant find the article now but I would bet these are all connected,there's also a missing girl who was found in the rocky mountains in a creek after walking home from her job as a bartender,now who but a cop would you trust more at 3am?
This was also in the pincher creek area.

Also,if I remember correctly 2 of the rcmp here that were working at the detachment were transffered here from B.C. for some reason,I know they did not get along.

Last edited:

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Most cops are not bad people at heart. If they were they would not be cops - would not be allowed to be cops. Although there is a test to test them some do slip through - eg is the secuity guard in Edmonton. But there are a few have chip on their shoulder to start with, either they are short, tall, skinny, overweight, a woman, gay, .... whatever. This insecurity about what 'they' feel is a problem can give them an attitude. That is being human and natural and is easily overcome for the most part.

The harder thing to overcome is the feeling that are instilled from personal experiences. This is where you get into profiling and similar things like that. People who take a certain stance or attitude (choice of words) when they approach usually give an expected behaviour. This is really hard to break especially in these times of weapons use and cartage. And when I say break, I don't mean that they should loose the attitude for good, because that attitude may save their lives someday. I mean that the get in a mind set when they confront a risky subject so after they depart from their company they have to learn to break that attitude right there and not maintain the attitude for the next person they meet. They almost have to have a split personality or be a sociopath to be a public relations person who takes on life and death situation on a daily basis. I think this is why some cities make good use of peace officers. Peace officers do the minor disputes and stuff like that and just call the line backers in if things might get out of hand.

Sorry you had a bad day, dude, but put yourself in his position. He could have almost been stabbed by a guy dressed just like you an hour before. You don't know.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I personally have nothing but good things to say in regards to police officers. The police were always there when I needed them. I've never had any bad experiences with police since I consider myself a law abiding citizen. All my dealings with police involved my requesting their help (example burglary, asking for directions ...etc). A police officer one time also helped me push my truck into a parking lot when it had stalled on a busy street.

Considering the dangerous nature of their job, and the fact that these officers put their lives on the line every day, I really don't think they get the compensation nor the appreciation they deserve.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I personally have nothing but good things to say in regards to police officers. The police were always there when I needed them. I've never had any bad experiences with police since I consider myself a law abiding citizen. All my dealings with police involved my requesting their help (example burglary, asking for directions ...etc). A police officer one time also helped me push my truck into a parking lot when it had stalled on a busy street.

Considering the dangerous nature of their job, and the fact that these officers put their lives on the line every day, I really don't think they get the compensation nor the appreciation they deserve.

You were very fortunate indeed to have opportunities to deal with the police when things were going their way!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think most cops are honest and try to do a good job, it's rather unfair to paint them all as being corrupt etc.

Jun 29, 2012
Im not talking about those cops who murder their wives or do DUI.
Im talking about the ^good^ ones. They dont conduct their investigations right, they make offensive comments, they treat u like a criminal. AND U CANT EVEN MAKE A COMPLAINT because they are immune and u r gonna lose. If a bank clerk verbally abuses u - hi will be charged, but not cops! WHY??? They go unpunished

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Im talking about the ^good^ ones. They dont conduct their investigations right, they make offensive comments, they treat u like a criminal. AND U CANT EVEN MAKE A COMPLAINT because they are immune and u r gonna lose. If a bank clerk verbally abuses u - hi will be charged, but not cops! WHY??? They go unpunished

Stop acting like a criminal then, problem solved.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Gotta pay that speeding ticket, huh?

Has it ever occurred to you that in making some comment to which you take offence you come very close to revealing your part in the crime? Sure, there are bad ones - and ways around reprimand and stuff on the record. I know one who used to take voluntary demotion in lieu of infraction. Hell.... He's been Policeman of the Year several times!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There is another side to that story too. How would you like it if your job included being lied to, spat at, called "pigs" day after day?

777333?????????? Is that your prison #? :smile:

Jun 29, 2012
Stop acting like a criminal then, problem solved.
Dear Durka
Read Carefully!
Iv never had even a parking ticket, never been charged with anything, I am a 40 year old female, dont do drugs or drin or such
BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN I dont have a bad experience with THEM!

There is another side to that story too. How would you like it if your job included being lied to, spat at, called "pigs" day after day?

777333?????????? Is that your prison #? :smile:
Iv been working as a Special Ed teacher for almost 14 years. Sick kids very often spit on on us, kick us, bite etc. But we dont become morons

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dear Durka
Read Carefully!
Iv never had even a parking ticket, never been charged with anything, I am a 40 year old female, dont do drugs or drin or such

Iv been working as a Special Ed teacher for almost 14 years. Sick kids very often spit on on us, kick us, bite etc. But we dont become morons

I hear you. I too have a clean record and have encountered cops who have acted foolishly, impatiently etc. but I mostly attribute it to a bad day and don't take away an impression about the rest of the force! :smile:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Dear Durka
Read Carefully!

Congrats to you! So you've had a couple bad experiences with the police, that does not mean they are all bad. That would be like me saying that all special ed teachers have horrible grammar like your self.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Congrats to you! So you've had a couple bad experiences with the police, that does not mean they are all bad. That would be like me saying that all special ed teachers have horrible grammar like your self.

Actually they probably do. Comes from dealing with so many kids that can't spell their own names.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Dear Durka
Read Carefully!

You've had cop troubles? I could write a book about mine. I still maintain, there are more good ones than bad ones. Attitude and shades are passive defense. I wouldn't want the job for all the tea in China. Sad that a lot of really good potential cops feel the same way.

Jun 29, 2012
Congrats to you! So you've had a couple bad experiences with the police, that does not mean they are all bad. That would be like me saying that all special ed teachers have horrible grammar like your self.[/QU
thats called MULTITASKING AND TYPING FAST
Im sure my grammar was checked when I got my PhD
AND Bad grammar is not a crime anyway
Im not saying they are bad
THEY HAVE TOO MUCH POWER and they OBVIOUSLY abuse it