Annual Vancouver Police Department Auction Of All The Stuff They've Stolen!

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... can it be any more obvious that the vancouver police department is in the rip-off business?

... story HERE ...

... riots, gang-related massacres, crime waves, fallen governments -- none of this stops the vpd from greedily stuffing other people's stuff into their pockets ...

... does the vancouver police department not realize that the items are privately-owned and don't belong to the vpd? does the vancouver police department not realize that it's a glaring conflict of interest for the vpd to be illegally seizing and then internally liquidating these items?

... but if they've got so much high-end stuff to liquidate why only do it annually? why not every month? every week?

... what a medieval joke the government is in vancouver ...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Sigh. Ok, I know I'll probably regret this but I've got to ask.

Do believe in the existence of criminals at all? I mean, outside of law enforcement that is. Do you grasp the notion that people do harm to one another? Sell drugs, beat each other, rape, pillage, steal? Is that anywhere on your radar?

Clifford Olsen, Paul Bernardo, Charlie Manson. Any of those names ring a bell with you?

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011

Do believe in the existence of criminals at all? I mean, outside of law enforcement that is. Do you grasp the notion that people do harm to one another? Sell drugs, beat each other, rape, pillage, steal? Is that anywhere on your radar?

Clifford Olsen, Paul Bernardo, Charlie Manson. Any of those names ring a bell with you?
... huh?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The courts are NOT run by the vpd.... if you have goods seized in a manner that is against the law or in violation of your rights, you can seek reimbursement.

Every police force in every city/province seizes and auctions items. Everyday citizens buy it. It's a cash grab in some ways, I'll give you that. Police forces cost money.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Sigh, that's what I thought.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
The courts are NOT run by the vpd.... if you have goods seized in a manner that is against the law or in violation of your rights, you can seek reimbursement.
... there's no indication that the auction items have even been looked at by the courts. it's stuff the police have ripped off in the past. they're obviously in the business of reselling items they've stolen from people and businesses ...

... it's ridiculous. the vpd is taking months and months to process very basic criminal charges against suspects relating to the most well-documented riot in the history of the world, yet the annual auction proceeds right on schedule ...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol.... you think they're selling unprocessed stolen goods? I know enough police officers to know the process that things take to end up at auction is not short. They can't just walk up, take your car for no reason, and then sell it tomorrow.

And of course they're on schedule... there are different departments at work for different crimes and different aspects. How scary would it be if the whole police force just shut down because there'd been a riot and the backlog was too great? It can't work that way.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
They can't just walk up, take your car for no reason, and then sell it tomorrow.
... that's simply not true. the bc government has enacted confiscation legislation that allows it to seize any asset -- whether or not the owner has been convicted of a crime or not. it's draconian really ...

... they can take whatever they want, and they do, and there's very little that can be done about it ...

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
No, he actually thinks that they are stealing them.

It's a whole new world we've entered here. ;)
... yes i do. just because the vpd is in possession of the goods does not mean the vpd owns them. the items are stolen ...

... c'mon, it's corrupt ol' vancouver, gordon campbell-land, there's a culture of crime in the government there ...

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The auction is over BTW-did any of you dolts even look @ the link?

People will pay I'd say about 25 percent of new

Umm.......No not even close they ask more like 80% to start and a lot of what they have is junk-Able Auctions are not a truthful lot.

FWIW I've turned in what I assume was stolen property found here to the police and I assume that's how it was disposed of.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Those would be his heros.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
... yes i do. just because the vpd is in possession of the goods does not mean the vpd owns them. the items are stolen ...

... c'mon, it's corrupt ol' vancouver, gordon campbell-land, there's a culture of crime in the government there ...

Were you not convicted of a number of crimes?