Axl Rose snubs the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Guns N' Roses founding member Axl Rose had a message yesterday for the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which will hold its induction ceremony in Cleveland on Saturday without him.

"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me," Rose wrote in letter unveiled on Pop & Hiss. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has heard Rose's declaration and now responded.

“We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," read a statement from a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame spokeswoman.

So ... that settles that? Probably not, as the spokeswoman noted that "other members" of the band are still on the guest list. As of Thursday afternoon, Guns N' Roses slinger Slash was still planning to attend, and longtime bassist Duff McGagan will be in Cleveland promoting a book.

Despite the drama surrounding Guns N' Roses, plans for Saturday's induction ceremony continue, and today the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame unveiled additional performers and presenters. L.A.'s Red Hot Chili Peppers, who will be inducted into the hall by comedian Chris Rock, have now been added as performers.

Other members of this year's hall of fame class, including Donovan and pieces of English rock band the Small Faces, will also perform. The latter will appear as the Faces, with Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan joined by Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill, already on hand as presenters, have been added to a performance tribute to late blues inductee Freddie King, and LL Cool J will join Chuck D in inducting the Beastie Boys.

As previously reported, John Mellencamp,Steve Van Zandt and Bette Midler are among the presenters who have been tapped to handle inductions for the 2012 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Mellencamp will welcome in Donovan; E Street Band guitarist Van Zandt will bring in the Small Faces/Faces; and Midler will salute singer-songwriter Laura Nyro.

Additionally, Carole King will give the remarks for her former Brill Building boss, publisher and TV impresario Don Kirshner. Darlene Love will perform a tribute to Kirshner.

The Rock Hall ceremony began in 1986, and the 2012 class will bring the total number of performers inducted to 302. This year’s ceremony will be held at the hall in Cleveland rather than its usual spot at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. A highlights special will premiere May 5 on HBO.

Hall of fame inductees

Guns N’ Roses

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Beastie Boys

Donovan

Laura Nyro

Small Faces

Also, bluesman Freddie King, TV producer Don Kirshner, producers Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns, and engineer Cosimo Matassa.

Read more: Axl Rose snubs the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

He went from been a filthy dirty but hot piece of rough trade

To being this fat slob

"Ohhhhh, sweet double cheeseburger of mine..."

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Arshole Rose and the rest of the Bums-n-Hoses crew, really didn't deserve a place in the RRH anyways.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Slash has a new band. Sounds exactly like GnR. He even found a talentless screacher to below while he plays slight variations of every other song they did.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I'm curious.... if he doesn't want to be in the hall of fame, isn't that his choice?

Can't they just leave him out of the whole thing??

If he doesn't want to be associated with their hall of fame club, what right do they have in adding him in the first place?

Someone becomes famous and puts out a few hit songs, and suddenly they're the RNRHOF's property?

Reminds me of arseholes who run that stupid Glee show and who trash out any band or artist who don't let them rip off their music, as if it's theirs to rip off in the first place.

Bunch of self-entitled jackholes.

I'm not a huge fan of Guns N Roses or Axel, but I support his position in not wanting to be a part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and those guys should respect his wishes, just as they should with anybody else.