View Poll Results: Should Canada adopt Turks and Caicos as the 11th Provice
Yes 4 36.36%
No 1 9.09%
Invade it first, then adopt it.. 5 45.45%
Just as a Territory 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh I've heard the stories of the ones that make the trip along with the cargo. Yikes!

Lucky for me it +25C here today.

Not at night - Not when you are sleeping

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

They hide in slippers.
Quick Canadian Fact
When you are asleep, spiders often crawl near your mouth and are often unwittingly ingested.

Ok. Guess that's it for me in this thread then.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Don't sleep with bananas.

I don't sleep with bananas.

Please. I have some standards.

IdRatherBeSkiing
So for the average joe, no benifit but higher tax burden for those equalization payments. Good benifit if you are rich or looking for a warm climate to retire. Am I missing a benifit for Canada?

B00Mer
TCI could be a country within a country
Last edited by B00Mer; Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:59 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

So for the average joe, no benifit but higher tax burden for those equalization payments. Good benifit if you are rich or looking for a warm climate to retire. Am I missing a benifit for Canada?

Does the TCI know about this merger?

L Gilbert
+1
Just add them to PEI.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Does the TCI know about this merger?

Yes - They are still talking about it.

Blackleaf
If Canada annexes the Turks and Caicos islands then Britain should annex the Republic of Ireland.

dumpthemonarchy
There are many uninhabited islands in the Caribbean and a few countries that don't have much money. Instead of taking over a current country, which will never happen, we should pay a country for an uninhabited island and make it a territory of Canada. It wouldn't have to be too big, enough for a few hotels and beach areas.

spaminator
what is the weather like there?

are there natural disasters to worry about? eg. tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, etc.

how bad is the crime there?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

There are many uninhabited islands in the Caribbean and a few countries that don't have much money. Instead of taking over a current country, which will never happen, we should pay a country for an uninhabited island and make it a territory of Canada. It wouldn't have to be too big, enough for a few hotels and beach areas.

And annexing the Turks and Caicos will not be as straightforward as some Canadians believe. That's because Britain is responsible for the islands' defence.

That means that, should Canada invade those islands, Britain will have a duty to kick you off the islands just like it did with the Argentines in the Falklands - another British Overseas Territory - in 1982.

dumpthemonarchy
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

And annexing the Turks and Caicos will not be as straightforward as some Canadians believe. That's because Britain is responsible for the islands' defence.

That means that, should Canada invade those islands, Britain will have a duty to kick you off the islands just like it did with the Argentines in the Falklands - another British Overseas Territory - in 1982.

And I haven't heard a thing about TCI wanting us. Let's forget about them and buy an empty island.

B00Mer
Say look what I found?? LOL

Turks and Caicos move to join Canada

dumpthemonarchy
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Say look what I found?? LOL

Turks and Caicos move to join Canada

The whole island has to agree, or we will have political problems, it will never happen. Forget them. Nova Scotia doesn't even believe in equal rep by pop.

Buy an empty island so we own it with fewer hassles. This won't be easy either.

55Mercury
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

well, for one, we'll get to assume their debt!

they could sink one of our submarines there (on purpose, or, well, you know, just because) and have an underwater dive park for the tourists.

:?P

EagleSmack
+1
Is this simply because you want a vacation spot?

B00Mer

Personally, I would like to see Canada have their spot in the sun. No need to go to Florida to vacation, or California.. Canada would have it's own spot, under Canadian rule of law.

Personally, Belize fit's my bill for a vacation spot. English speaking, Latin women, Commonwealth Law and stable Government, Belize dollar pegged at 50% of the USD.

Used to be able to buy Belize citizenship for $50,000 USD but that ship has sailed. Guess wife #4 will work. LOL However was looking for an Australian for #4.. had 1 Mexican and 2 US Citizens.. seems every time a visit a country a bring back more than a souvenir.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

If Canada annexes the Turks and Caicos islands then Britain should annex the Republic of Ireland.

Good luck with that! How did it work out the first time?

No, we already own Arizona and Florida.

And Bermuda. Bermuda is begging us to take them over from the British.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I don't sleep with bananas.

Please. I have some standards.

Just with bad apples?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Personally, I would like to see Canada have their spot in the sun. No need to go to Florida to vacation, or California.. Canada would have it's own spot, under Canadian rule of law.

What about Disney World! The Daytona 500! Spring Break for chilly Canadian Co-Eds!

Spade
Coeds in mukluks and mackinaws?

SLM

Just with bad apples?

Higher standards than that actually.

EagleSmack
+3
#52  Top Rated Post

Coeds in mukluks and mackinaws?

Ohhh...back in the day...those Canadian beauties at Spring Break in Florida were not wearing mukluks and mackinaws. No Sireee.