'Kony 2012' director answers critics of video on dictator

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Would a Twitter campaign be beneficial in preventing the spreading use of Congolese cell phone blood minerals?

Possibly if such a campaign was organized properly. Most people don't know about blood minerals. I hadn't heard of them til a couple years ago.

petros
Why aren't they heard of? Nobody is trying to make a name in film using the blood mineral theme?

WLDB
+1

Why aren't they heard of? Nobody is trying to make a name in film using the blood mineral theme?

Not as far as I know. There are tons of major world problems out there. Most people who are into working on them only tend to work on one problem and ignore the others, which tends to be the main criticism against them. Why are you helping starving people here but not in country X? Why are you taking out this Dictator and not that one? There's only so much any one group can do.

Cliffy
+4
#34  Top Rated Post
Of all the injustices and human destruction going on in the world, there is only one common denominator - humans. It seems to be in our nature to be both saint and sinner at once. There is no way for any one person to even process the vast array of atrocities being committed in the world, let alone do anything about it. So what is the solution? It can be found in an old and tired expression, "You cannot change anybody else. You can only change yourself." With everybody focused on all the evil in the world, we manifest more evil in the world. Reality flows where attention goes. Change your view of the world and the world may follow.

55Mercury
heh heh You can bet if there are people involved it's bound to fail.

joke's on us

B00Mer

So you're blaming it on the Big Corporations not the military guy in Uganda that is doing the rape, murder and killings.

However, I didn't know about blood minerals, blood diamonds yes.. something has to be done..

Unwatchable - What if this happened to your family? (Blood Minerals) - YouTube (external - login to view)

you need to log into Youtube to watch this.

eh1eh
So, lets here from people there instead of our North American perspective.

My response to KONY2012. - YouTube (external - login to view)

This is a list of African writers mentioned in this video.

https://twitter.com/#!/xeni/kony2012-african-writers (external - login to view)

eh1eh
Oh ya! You know this Kony vid could get a lot more views if it had a cat with it's head stuck in a paper bag.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

So, lets here from people there instead of our North American perspective.

My response to KONY2012. - YouTube (external - login to view)

I initially recorded this for Al Jazeera stream program covering ... says it all right their. Anti-American propaganda station.. warped her fragile mind..

Hey but I'd hit her..

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

So you're blaming it on the Big Corporations not the military guy in Uganda that is doing the rape, murder and killings.

However, I didn't know about blood minerals, blood diamonds yes.. something has to be done..

Unwatchable - What if this happened to your family? (Blood Minerals) - YouTube (external - login to view)

you need to log into Youtube to watch this.

It takes big bucks to fund someone like Kony, who is responisble for the funding and weapons? As for the plight of the Congolese it's all cell phone users who are guilty as sin. I'm glad I don't have one.

damngrumpy
+1
Funny how people can be stampeded to help these kids across the world.
At the same time they won't put a jar of peanut butter in the grocery store
food bank hamper. This is a sad and horrible situation but it is also a little
game of smoke and mirrors on the world stage. There are so many things
they don't want you to think about.

1 the conservative robocall situation
2 the foreign crisis of cash
3 the Iran situation and the Middle East
4 and the crazy people the Republicans want to be President.

Of all the Republicans are the worst off. If they can't get those clowns off
the TV screens they won't elect another Republican for a hundred years.

If something is to be done, who will do it, when will they do it and under what
authority will it be done. It is fine to propose something be done who does it
and who pays? The answer is pretty loud measured by silence