Most clocks to move ahead this weekend

L Gilbert
+1
Maybe it'll just move our biological clocks a bit forward.

Spade
My biological clock needs a new main spring.

L Gilbert
Use jetboots.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Been through that, the one on the electric range is almost impossible to change, it seems like you have to push the button forever with about 300 lbs. pressure. My old stereo was another real ordeal, it seemed like you had to push two buttons at the same time while turning the third one with your mouth.

What makes it even harder is that I have a choice of either using the 24-hour clock or regular time but even trying to change that is almost ridiculous. I think I will just leave it alone and wear a watch.

Goober
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

.....Except in Saskatchewan....& some pockets in B.C., I guess.

I'll have to remember to do exactly nothing, beyond replacing the
batteries in my smoke detectors.

Ron, smoke detectors do not have a clock.

Kakato
+1
I got screwed up,as I left Saskatchewan to come to Alberta yesterday set all my clocks ahead an hour glad to get back the one I lost going there 22 days ago,I didnt realize the time change was happening that night and now I feel like I have been ripped off an hour.
Alberta is now on Sask. time so I didnt have to change anything.

As Saskatchewan has no daylight saving time they dont tell you this stuff on the radio.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

As Saskatchewan has no daylight saving time they dont tell you this stuff on the radio.

You're listening to the wrong radio stations, I heard it several times on my favourite station, as a sort of mocking comment on how we in Saskatchewan don't have to engage in this foolishness.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

You're listening to the wrong radio stations, I heard it several times on my favourite station, as a sort of mocking comment on how we in Saskatchewan don't have to engage in this foolishness.

You combine pilots are a strange bunch.

Dexter Sinister
Strangely, I've never piloted a combine. Tractors pulling cultivators, discs, harrows, sprayers, rod weeders, and rakes, swathers, balers, yes, and trucks from the quarter ton to the 18-wheeler size, but never a combine. I don't know why.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Strangely, I've never piloted a combine. Tractors pulling cultivators, discs, harrows, sprayers, rod weeders, and rakes, swathers, balers, yes, and trucks from the quarter ton to the 18-wheeler size, but never a combine. I don't know why.

Thats what my Maramichi buddy I live with calls Saskabush folks.They call him a Newfy though and he's a New Brunswicker.
So he calls them combine pilots.
I try not to get involved in the politics,just keep a low profile and dont make eye contact with anyone.

Ron,Do I have to wear a seatbelt in Sask? I havent yet because no one else is so im wondering,also do they have a distracted driver law?
Last edited by Kakato; Mar 12th, 2012 at 02:07 AM..

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If you think DST is conterproductive, what about the way the work week is organized? Right now, most workers have Sunday off, work five days, and then have Saturday off. The two days off are separated by five work days. Would it not make more sense to have Friday and Saturday off so that after working five days (Sunday through Thursday), workers would have two days off at the end of the week? Productivity would increase and DST would be a unnecessary diversion.

By the way, at our latitudes, the only season when DST would make sense is winter. Where I live, that's October through April.

Furthermore, I find it difficult getting up at 2:00 am to set the clocks ahead. The wife won't do it, and the dog doesn't have an opposable thumb to fiddle with the settings.

Every year you guys set me up on this same one.
I sit up all night, watch my clock and mine does not move.
I think you guys are spoofing me or I must have some kinda dumb clock.
Well what is it??

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

So he calls them combine pilots.

I've even jumped in stubble, so he could truthfully call me a stubble jumper too.

And yes, the law says you do have to wear a seat belt in Saskatchewan, and you can't use a cell phone while driving except with hands-free attachments.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Every year you guys set me up on this same one.
I sit up all night, watch my clock and mine does not move.
I think you guys are spoofing me or I must have some kinda dumb clock.
Well what is it??

Every year huh? Don't worry, next year you'll catch it moving for sure.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Every year huh? Don't worry, next year you'll catch it moving for sure.

Yes, every year they say, wait for it to spring ahead, so I do. Have you actually seen a clock spring ahead?

SLM

Yes, every year they say, wait for it to spring ahead, so I do. Have you actually seen a clock spring ahead?

Nope. But I have caught a few as they've fallen back. I'm fond of my clocks.

Goober
+1

Nope. But I have caught a few as they've fallen back. I'm fond of my clocks.

Well this clock is an old electric type, bought in the 70's and still works. It just don't spring is all. Must be those new clocks they have out now that do that.

JLM

Well this clock is an old electric type, bought in the 70's and still works. It just don't spring is all. Must be those new clocks they have out now that do that.

Nah, these new fangled clocks don't have springs!

SLM

Could be. Many of mine change when I'm asleep. I just assumed Clock Fairy. Seems reasonable, no?

Goober

Could be. Many of mine change when I'm asleep. I just assumed Clock Fairy. Seems reasonable, no?

Now I know. The tooth Fairy never came when you were awake. You are a genius.

SLM
+1

Now I know. The tooth Fairy never came when you were awake. You are a genius.

Aw shucks. I'm just putting two and two together is all.

L Gilbert
I wouldn't mind gaining time, but this losing time every spring sucks.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I wouldn't mind gaining time, but this losing time every spring sucks.

Yeah but the fall is cool. There's nothing like opening your eyes that morning and realizing you can stay in bed for another hour.

L Gilbert
+1

Yeah but the fall is cool. There's nothing like opening your eyes that morning and realizing you can stay in bed for another hour.

Yep. Still it seems a bit useless to do the time change nonsense, though.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yep. Still it seems a bit useless to do the time change nonsense, though.

It does, it was such a drag yesterday morning when I realized that I forgot to change the clocks, as I always do. Good thing it's on a Sunday.

L Gilbert
lol.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If you think DST is conterproductive, what about the way the work week is organized? Right now, most workers have Sunday off, work five days, and then have Saturday off. The two days off are separated by five work days. Would it not make more sense to have Friday and Saturday off so that after working five days (Sunday through Thursday), workers would have two days off at the end of the week? Productivity would increase and DST would be a unnecessary diversion.

By the way, at our latitudes, the only season when DST would make sense is winter. Where I live, that's October through April.

Furthermore, I find it difficult getting up at 2:00 am to set the clocks ahead. The wife won't do it, and the dog doesn't have an opposable thumb to fiddle with the settings.

We got that work week thing fixed. Some calenders have Saturday & Sunday at the end of the week. Many government calenders are set up this way too.

You should change the smoke detector batteries twice a year. Many fire departments provide free smoke detector batteries.

Had the odd one poke a hole in the far wall. Does that count?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You should change the smoke detector batteries twice a year. Many fire departments provide free smoke detector batteries.

Damn, I just put out $7 for a 9 volt battery. Checked the detector in the basement, no battery in it, guess I hadn't checked it since we moved in here 21/2 years ago. LOL

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

To test their batteries, Henry takes a burning newspaper and holds it under the smoke detectors His wife complains about the scorch marks in their carpets, but Henry replies, "We can't risk dead batteries."