Should dolphins and whales have the right to life, liberty and wellbeing?

View Poll Results: Should cetaceans [marine mammals] have the right to life, liberty and wellbeing
Yes 8 34.78%
No 14 60.87%
Unsure 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

L Gilbert
+1
lol The ability to be clean? Another one of your fantasies?

MHz
It was an amazing recovery, a learned lesson too, try not to be tempted to imitate you.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

It was an amazing recovery,

One could say miraculous. Like I said, another fantasy?

MHz
At least we both know it was from the start and we both know it was lone time thing and now it's over. I can live in a real world that operates like that and then there is this one, livable just not as pleasant a place as it could be. In theory we should be trainling whales and dolphins to chase schools of fish into the nets that they would consider 'extra' and in return we feed the surviving ones so they grow to be bigger faster.. I'm sure they would be happy to live in a world like that.

I don't see that happening in this world, I don't see us even being smart enough to start feeding the few fish that remain. On land we follow the pattern of plant the garden, tend the garden a bit, and then enjoy a bountiful harvest that is just enough to last till the next harvest comes in. Why did we ditch that pattern, that doesn't seem to be all that smart. I'm not sure if wheat or barley tasting fish will be a big winner but a lot better than starving, just ask the 25,000 kids that just died today from hunger, oh wait, they're dead, you can try tomorrow cause that is how many will die then. We both know in the reality that number isn't going to change as people care more about fish and owls and dolphins even. Believe it or not, that children saved are more entertaining than something swimming under water and that is not a fantasy.

L Gilbert

At least we both know it was from the start and we both know it was lone time thing and now it's over. I can live in a real world that operates like that and then there is this one, livable just not as pleasant a place as it could be. In theory we should be trainling whales and dolphins to chase schools of fish into the nets that they would consider 'extra' and in return we feed the surviving ones so they grow to be bigger faster.. I'm sure they would be happy to live in a world like that.
I don't see that happening in this world, I don't see us even being smart enough to start feeding the few fish that remain. On land we follow the pattern of plant the garden, tend the garden a bit, and then enjoy a bountiful harvest that is just enough to last till the next harvest comes in. Why did we ditch that pattern, that doesn't seem to be all that smart. I'm not sure if wheat or barley tasting fish will be a big winner but a lot better than starving, just ask the 25,000 kids that just died today from hunger, oh wait, they're dead, you can try tomorrow cause that is how many will die then. We both know in the reality that number isn't going to change as people care more about fish and owls and dolphins even. Believe it or not, that children saved are more entertaining than something swimming under water and that is not a fantasy.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
People starve simply because there are too many to get food to, not because people care more about other species. DUH

MHz
People have had this problem for a long time, they aren't even looking for a solution, those are the part of the list called 'expendables'.

If 'we' can go to the moon in less than a decade, getting some food to some kids is within the realm of our abilities.

bill barilko

They aren't killing their own, nor do any beasts of the field, of fish so the must be one step higher one the evolution chain,

If you meant or fish then you're dead wrong-fish prey on their own young all the time I have seen large Halibut stuffed with smaller Halibut more times than I can count.

If that's not what you meant then your post makes no sense at all-SOP for you.

And again Dolphins kill/eat other Dolphins & Whales all day long every day of the year-seen that many times too.

L Gilbert

People have had this problem for a long time, they aren't even looking for a solution, those are the part of the list called 'expendables'.

If 'we' can go to the moon in less than a decade, getting some food to some kids is within the realm of our abilities.

Because it is possible does not mean it is done.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

We already give special status to dolphins and whales by not eating them. No one can say, "I had dolphin sushi for dinner last night."

It happens. I've eaten dolphin steak before. Didn't care for it.
Looks and chews like pork, but you can sure taste that it
came from the ocean. I suppose that I could get use to
it, but I'll take a pass on that one.

I didn't have dolphin sushi. I had a thick fried dolphin steak.

spaminator
do they taste good? (cetaceans [marine mammals])

MHz
I've had horse, that doesn't mean I'm going to start hunting them. Dog is a dish in the far east, doesn't mean I'm going to try it.

I would eat a fish that a dolphin caught for me.

earth_as_one
+1
I ate Beluga whale blubber when I was in the arctic. It was important to the people (Inuit) that I was with that I eat it. Out of respect for their culture and way of life, I ate it. What can I say? The Inuit are a very special people. They are kind, generous and happy. We can all learn a lot from them. It seemed important to them, and I didn't want to insult my friends.

I liked the taste. It was bland, oily, smelled like fish slightly, had a texture like tofu.

bosozoku
+2
Show me PROOF of intelligence... then I may consider it... until then eat your fill my Japanese, Korean and Norwegian friends...

earth_as_one
Cetacean intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

MapleDog
Quote: Originally Posted by bosozokuView Post

Show me PROOF of intelligence...

Having the ability of building things "including WMDs etc" Is not how you measure intelligence.
When i see how stupid some humans are "and i mean stupid when seeing the morons that go on Jerry S show,or the Jackass copycats,or the others like these girls who became famous for eating ****".

I think dolphin and whales including orcas,are intelligent,and killing them in a cruel way is inhuman,funny that the old battleaxe Brigite Bardot and her lonny followers don't say a word about it,but touch a few seals,and they go apesh*t.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by MapleDogView Post

I think dolphin and whales including orcas,are intelligent,and killing them in a cruel way is inhuman,funny that the old battleaxe Brigite Bardot and her lonny followers don't say a word about it,but touch a few seals,and they go apesh*t.

You're such a dumb azz MD.

PoliticalNick
+1

I've had horse, that doesn't mean I'm going to start hunting them. Dog is a dish in the far east, doesn't mean I'm going to try it.

I would eat a fish that a dolphin caught for me.

But would you eat a dolphin a fish caught for you?

darkbeaver
If the organism can pass a short written intelligence test it must be released in to the wild.

MapleDog
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

If the organism can pass a short written intelligence test it must be released in to the wild.

AH i see you're planning to open the first Soylent Green treatment plant.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by bosozokuView Post

Show me PROOF of intelligence... then I may consider it... until then eat your fill my Japanese, Korean and Norwegian friends...

lol You don't read or get out much, do you?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100218173112.htm (external - login to view)

http://www.dolphin-institute.org/our_research/index.htm (external - login to view)

darkbeaver
I shouldn,t have eatin that last chicken. She was doing quite well on the piano.