TD Bank Stays Open For Martin Luther King Day - IN THE U.S.!!!

wizard
... one of harper's banks is in trouble in the u.s. again ...

... td bank in vermont was the site of protests on monday because it opened up for business on martin luther king day, a sensitive holiday in the united states. story HERE ...

... this week td bank was found guilty of conspiring to commit mass fraud in florida and now this story has emerged. bad week for td bank ...

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by wizardView Post

... td bank in vermont was the site of protests on monday because it opened up for business on martin luther king day, a sensitive holiday in the united states. story HERE ...

... this week td bank was found guilty of conspiring to commit mass fraud in florida and now this story has emerged. bad week for td bank ...

LLBean is open every day, all year.

wizard
... i predict you'll see td bank leave the u.s. financial services market before long. they sure get into trouble a lot down there ...

lone wolf
A whole 25 protesters. G20 would have really done a number on you....

Damn that Home Depot.

Cannuck
+1
Is that 25 in Canadian protestors or American and what is the exchange rate today?

damngrumpy
+1
If you think TD is going to leave I hope you enjoy a nice long dream while you are sleeping.
TD owns Ameratrade and they are a great source of revenue. In fact it is one of the main
reasons TD operates in its trade name form down there.
There are all kinds of Canadian financial institutions that own large parts of the American
financial investment industry. There is no way they will leave though. And who cares who
stayed open on Martin Luther King day. As long as they close for Christmas they will be fine.

karrie
+3
Someone's got a hard-on for TD and stupid news stories. 25 protestors is a non-story. It's ridiculous to think that a bank should not be open on holidays.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Someone's got a hard-on for TD and stupid news stories. 25 protestors is a non-story. It's ridiculous to think that a bank should not be open on holidays.

American's tend to have a different view for stat holidays than we do in Canada. Opening on a holiday may not be that big a deal.

They even get mail on Saturdays.

TenPenny
i remember being in maine on easter weekend; they had school on good friday;
i get a kick out of nhl arenas in the us; rbc center, td garden, etc

Ron in Regina
+3

One of Harper's Banks? Really? Why would he bother with the PM gig?

Spade
+2
"Open at last, open at last! Thank gawd the bank's open at last!". "Let freedom ring!" "Freedom 55 that is!"
Last edited by Spade; Jan 20th, 2012 at 10:53 PM..

bobnoorduyn

...and all this time I thought this was Regis Philbin's bank.

SLM
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

One of Harper's Banks? Really? Why would he bother with the PM gig?

Maybe he's just cruising for chicks? Isn't that how it goes? First you get the money (banks) then you get the power (PM gig) then you get the women.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

"Open at last, open at last! Thank gawd the bank's open at last!". "Let freedom ring!" "Freedom 55 that is!"

Nicely done! Although Freedom 55 is London Life, but that's just nit picking on my part,

Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

...and all this time I thought this was Regis Philbin's bank.

Don't know about Regis but it is my bank because that's where my checking account with the dwindling balance resides.

Liberalman
TD bank never had the dream

captain morgan
+3
You're just sayin' that 'cause it's a Conservative PM that owns TD

shadowshiv
+2

He's just biding his time until his next story about murderous cops!

L Gilbert
+1

... i predict you'll see td bank leave the u.s. financial services market before long. they sure get into trouble a lot down there ...

lmao Now that's funny.

lol Ain't dat de troof.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You're just sayin' that 'cause it's a Conservative PM that owns TD

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

lol.

SLM
+1

Someone's got a hard-on for TD and stupid news stories.

That's a whole new level of kinky isn't it? lol.

All in good time. I'm sure there are many, many other paranoias we've yet to encounter as well.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

If you think TD is going to leave I hope you enjoy a nice long dream while you are sleeping.
TD owns Ameratrade and they are a great source of revenue. In fact it is one of the main
reasons TD operates in its trade name form down there.
There are all kinds of Canadian financial institutions that own large parts of the American
financial investment industry. There is no way they will leave though. And who cares who
stayed open on Martin Luther King day. As long as they close for Christmas they will be fine.

Kind of ironic (to me) that T.D. is under the telescope lately. They had my mortgage for two years because they gave me the lowest rate (2.74%) but when it came time to renew they wouldn't go below 2.9% for a one year term and I spoke to the woman four times including once in person, but she wouldn't budge. I went to my own bank, and within 5 minutes had one for 2.5%. T.D. woman phoned me a few days later and was astounded that I was quitting them not to mention the 2.5%. Five minutes later she phones back, the manager is upset she says and she can also offer me the 2.5%. Sorry I said. What's the matter with these people? Don't they realize a customer's value until they lose them?

He probably had two bits in an account with them and pissed them off!

taxslave
+2
Banks are funny that way. Somehow they think that us peons have loyalty to an institution that screws us regularly. Much like our governments.

shadowshiv
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

All in good time. I'm sure there are many, many other paranoias we've yet to encounter as well.

(closest smilie I have that could be attributed to a psychologist's couch)

Tonington
+5
#22  Top Rated Post

Damn those TD branches for not working bankers hours. I find it highly insulting and inconvenient to go in after work and have tellers available.

SLM

(closest smilie I have that could be attributed to a psychologist's couch)

Maybe if he spent more time on it instead of behind it.....

Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Damn those TD branches for not working bankers hours. I find it highly insulting and inconvenient to go in after work and have tellers available.

I know right? Now the rest of us don't have anyone to complain about for working bankers hours! They're upsetting the natural order of things.

Tonington
+2 / -1

I know right? Now the rest of us don't have anyone to complain about for working bankers hours! They're upsetting the natural order of things.

Really though! My salary is for bankers hours...but I hardly ever work that. Last week I had one day where I was at work from 7:00 am until 10:20 pm, this week I'll log similar hours. I've probably exceeded my hours by about 25% since Christmas. In the real world we don't all get to work bankers hours. The audacity!

Some us even have to work on Christmas and New Years Day! Damn fish won't take their holidays.

captain morgan

Some us even have to work on Christmas and New Years Day! Damn fish won't take their holidays.

Call up the guys at CUPE; they might be able to get those renegade fish in-line

CDNBear
The wiz doesn't like the TD because they followed a court order to seize funds from his accounts to pay back taxes and reimburse his fathers estate, for the money he embezzled.

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

The wiz doesn't like the TD because they followed a court order to seize funds from his accounts to pay back taxes and reimburse his fathers estate, for the money he embezzled.

You gotta hate it when that happens.. It's frustrating enough to even consider giving up embezzlement all together.

L Gilbert

Yep.
We've dealt with RBC, CIBC, HSBC, TD, BMO, SB and and few Credit Unions, and the only two that haven't screwed up something fairly big were the TD and HSBC.

Not that their idea of holidays would work anyway. I've never seen a fish with a calendar on its wall.

You gotta hate it when that happens.. It's frustrating enough to even consider giving up embezzlement all together.

lol.

SLM
+1

Really though! My salary is for bankers hours...but I hardly ever work that. Last week I had one day where I was at work from 7:00 am until 10:20 pm, this week I'll log similar hours. I've probably exceeded my hours by about 25% since Christmas. In the real world we don't all get to work bankers hours. The audacity!

Thank goodness I'm paid by the hour! Maybe my boss is a fish because she never seems to take holidays either?!?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I'm sure there is a whole host of institutions out there just waiting to be blamed for his wrong doing.

Tell me about it! How is anyone supposed to make a dishonest living now a days?

Tonington

Thank goodness I'm paid by the hour! Maybe my boss is a fish because she never seems to take holidays either?!?

I just get to take time off...that is when there's not something critical coming down the line on to my department. This current trial is intense...literally squeezing the sh it out of fish, after they're euthanized of course. It's the sacred cow at work, tens of millions of dollars in sales if this product gets registered.