TD Bank Stays Open For Martin Luther King Day - IN THE U.S.!!!

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... one of harper's banks is in trouble in the u.s. again ...

... td bank in vermont was the site of protests on monday because it opened up for business on martin luther king day, a sensitive holiday in the united states. story HERE ...

... this week td bank was found guilty of conspiring to commit mass fraud in florida and now this story has emerged. bad week for td bank ...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

... td bank in vermont was the site of protests on monday because it opened up for business on martin luther king day, a sensitive holiday in the united states. story HERE ...

... this week td bank was found guilty of conspiring to commit mass fraud in florida and now this story has emerged. bad week for td bank ...

LLBean is open every day, all year.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... i predict you'll see td bank leave the u.s. financial services market before long. they sure get into trouble a lot down there ...

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
If you think TD is going to leave I hope you enjoy a nice long dream while you are sleeping.
TD owns Ameratrade and they are a great source of revenue. In fact it is one of the main
reasons TD operates in its trade name form down there.
There are all kinds of Canadian financial institutions that own large parts of the American
financial investment industry. There is no way they will leave though. And who cares who
stayed open on Martin Luther King day. As long as they close for Christmas they will be fine.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Someone's got a hard-on for TD and stupid news stories. 25 protestors is a non-story. It's ridiculous to think that a bank should not be open on holidays.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Someone's got a hard-on for TD and stupid news stories. 25 protestors is a non-story. It's ridiculous to think that a bank should not be open on holidays.

American's tend to have a different view for stat holidays than we do in Canada. Opening on a holiday may not be that big a deal.

They even get mail on Saturdays.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
i remember being in maine on easter weekend; they had school on good friday;
i get a kick out of nhl arenas in the us; rbc center, td garden, etc

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

One of Harper's Banks? Really? Why would he bother with the PM gig?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"Open at last, open at last! Thank gawd the bank's open at last!". "Let freedom ring!" "Freedom 55 that is!"

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
One of Harper's Banks? Really? Why would he bother with the PM gig?

Maybe he's just cruising for chicks? Isn't that how it goes? First you get the money (banks) then you get the power (PM gig) then you get the women. ;)

"Open at last, open at last! Thank gawd the bank's open at last!". "Let freedom ring!" "Freedom 55 that is!"

Nicely done! Although Freedom 55 is London Life, but that's just nit picking on my part, ;)

...and all this time I thought this was Regis Philbin's bank.

Don't know about Regis but it is my bank because that's where my checking account with the dwindling balance resides. :)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

He's just biding his time until his next story about murderous cops!8O

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
... i predict you'll see td bank leave the u.s. financial services market before long. they sure get into trouble a lot down there ...
lmao Now that's funny.

lol Ain't dat de troof.

You're just sayin' that 'cause it's a Conservative PM that owns TD

He's just biding his time until his next story about murderous cops!8O
lol.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you think TD is going to leave I hope you enjoy a nice long dream while you are sleeping.
TD owns Ameratrade and they are a great source of revenue. In fact it is one of the main
reasons TD operates in its trade name form down there.
There are all kinds of Canadian financial institutions that own large parts of the American
financial investment industry. There is no way they will leave though. And who cares who
stayed open on Martin Luther King day. As long as they close for Christmas they will be fine.

Kind of ironic (to me) that T.D. is under the telescope lately. They had my mortgage for two years because they gave me the lowest rate (2.74%) but when it came time to renew they wouldn't go below 2.9% for a one year term and I spoke to the woman four times including once in person, but she wouldn't budge. I went to my own bank, and within 5 minutes had one for 2.5%. T.D. woman phoned me a few days later and was astounded that I was quitting them not to mention the 2.5%. Five minutes later she phones back, the manager is upset she says and she can also offer me the 2.5%. Sorry I said. What's the matter with these people? Don't they realize a customer's value until they lose them?

He probably had two bits in an account with them and pissed them off! :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Banks are funny that way. Somehow they think that us peons have loyalty to an institution that screws us regularly. Much like our governments.