TD Bank Stays Open For Martin Luther King Day - IN THE U.S.!!!

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I just get to take time off...that is when there's not something critical coming down the line on to my department. This current trial is intense...literally squeezing the sh it out of fish, after they're euthanized of course. It's the sacred cow at work, tens of millions of dollars in sales if this product gets registered.

Yeah I have that 'sacred cow' thing at work too, it's called 'tax season', lol.

At least you get time off, I only get the minimum two weeks. But at least I get paid for my overtime. Grass is always greener right?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

At least you get time off, I only get the minimum two weeks. But at least I get paid for my overtime. Grass is always greener right?

I also have to respond to alarms in the middle of winter at 4am driving my own car...and right now I get three weeks of vacation. If I get my master's degree it will go up to four, otherwise I have to wait a few years before it reaches four.

Yes, the grass is always greener...at TD!

L Gilbert

Thank goodness I'm paid by the hour! Maybe my boss is a fish because she never seems to take holidays either?!?

lmao

Quote:

Tell me about it! How is anyone supposed to make a dishonest living now a days?

Good question.

I just get to take time off...that is when there's not something critical coming down the line on to my department. This current trial is intense...literally squeezing the sh it out of fish, after they're euthanized of course. It's the sacred cow at work, tens of millions of dollars in sales if this product gets registered.

lol Whole new meaning for "fish fertilizer".

SLM
+1

I also have to respond to alarms in the middle of winter at 4am driving my own car...and right now I get three weeks of vacation. If I get my master's degree it will go up to four, otherwise I have to wait a few years before it reaches four.

We're a 'minimum requirement of the labour law' kind of work environment, lol. Oh well, it's mostly nine to five, so can't complain too much.

Quote:

Yes, the grass is always greener...at TD!

That's so true! Hmmm, better keep that little nugget under our hats or we'll be seeing threads about the evils of lawns soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Good question.

If you figure it out, keep me in the loop. This 'honest days work' thing is getting old.

L Gilbert

That's so true! Hmmm, better keep that little nugget under our hats or we'll be seeing threads about the evils of lawns soon.

I keep finding nuggets in my lawn (er sorry, wifey's lawn), too. Not to mention evil craters in it due to two border collies that haven't grown out of the digging stage after 8 years. Totally evil!

Quote:

If you figure it out, keep me in the loop. This 'honest days work' thing is getting old.

Getting?

SLM

I keep finding nuggets in my lawn (er sorry, wifey's lawn), too. Not to mention evil craters in it due to two border collies that haven't grown out of the digging stage after 8 years. Totally evil!

I'm warning you, one day we'll wake up and see and "evil Weed Man" thread. Just a head's up, lol.

Quote:

Getting?

Yeah ok, gotten, gone, been there, done that.

Now I'm waffling between lotto millionaire or crime lord, whichever one lets me sleep in mornings.

L Gilbert
+2

I'm warning you, one day we'll wake up and see and "evil Weed Man" thread. Just a head's up, lol.

Yeah ok, gotten, gone, been there, done that.

Now I'm waffling between lotto millionaire or crime lord, whichever one lets me sleep in mornings.

lol Crime lords don't actually perform crimes any more. Too busy either with their businesses or else being part of Cabinet.

SLM

lol Crime lords don't actually perform crimes any more. Too busy either with their businesses or else being part of Cabinet.

But do they get to sleep in? Cuz if they don't it's off the list and off to the lotto kiosk I go.

L Gilbert

But do they get to sleep in? Cuz if they don't it's off the list and off to the lotto kiosk I go.

Searchmedunnohaven'taclue.

SLM

Searchmedunnohaven'taclue.

Damn!

So much for my nefarious plan to have others do my research for me.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I need to rethink this whole crime lord thing.

L Gilbert

Damn!

So much for my nefarious plan to have others do my research for me.

Hmmmm. Perhaps I need to rethink this whole crime lord thing.

Lotto Max.

shadowshiv

Maybe if he spent more time on it instead of behind it.....

He's just checking to see if there are any cop-bunnies under the couch.

SLM

Lotto Max.

Live the dream!

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

He's just checking to see if there are any cop-bunnies under the couch.

Yes well, to give him his due, that's where I always find them. No, wait, those are dust bunnies....never mind.

Ariadne
If MacDonalds was open that day, then all international corporations are allowed to be open that day ... n'est pas?